Shotgun for HD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will stick with my pump mossy, and remember guys, real men NEVER short stroke.
What? Are you insane? The tang safety was an extraordinarily bad idea. Rick,Rick,Rick, I’m beginning to fear that you caint perteckt yourself against a bad guy in your house.
You’re posting in a public forum. Let’s hope nobody breaks into your house on an attempt to steal the pop tarts out of your lunchbox, you feeble old bastard.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If a gun comes to hand loaded with number six, the one you normally use to shoot ‘coons in the horse feed go ahead and use it to shoot the bad guy too. It’ll do more than muss his hair.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dont gotta work on trigger timing if you can just slam fire it though.
20" Winchester 1897 Takedown circa 1907
Winchester 1897.jpg

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
870 ought to be renamed the 435 because it's only half as good as folks think. I have taught shotgun classes all over the world and without a doubt the gun that gives the most problems in classes is the 870. Now some of the older ones were great, but starting in the 90s the quality suffered greatly. If you have one that runs, great! But I would never advise a new shooter to get one for H.D. work. As for 20 gauge and 3 buck? It will knock em dead full o lead. Sounds like yours runs, so great choice.

I'm in agreement that the older 870's particularly the Police Magnums are a much more solid product. My 870 PM dates to prior to 1990. Remington products in the last 15 or so years have gone downhill in quality. The PM's were and perhaps still are made on a separate production line using premium parts.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The 870 is the worst shotgun I've ever owned, and I've had 3 of them for some idiotic reason.
The Mossberg 500, 590 and even the Maverick were leaps and bounds better shotguns than the crappy Remington.
Having said that though, I'm completely done with pump shotguns.
I've been running a Benelli M2 for at least 6 years now and I honestly don't know how to do a malfunction drill on it because I've never had a reason to.
Remington = $#!T is what I'm saying.

Latest posts

Top Bottom