Shotgun Loads for Dove

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Went to check on some today, ship was expected to dock and be on hand sometime next week. The kids go thru about 11k a season......I wasn't very proactive accumulating shotgun ammo this last fall like I should have.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't been looking in the last couple weeks but Shotshells were still available at Wal-Mart and Atwood's at normal prices that Dennis quoted. Nicer hulls cost a $1-2 more a box.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw a box of 20 .410 self defense slugs going for $87 and rising on gunbroker. I remember tons of shot shells being available for as long as I can remember.
.410 has always been higher priced than 12 or 20 ga. Not that high though!
I have a box we found in my parents attic from a house built in the 30's. Paper hull with a perfect box. I've never opened the box thinking that if it was torn, the value might go down? Don't know.
I'd sell that ammo as a collectors item, never any ammo designed to be shot.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll bring a selection of 12 gauges over along with a clay thrower and your kids can shoot them up.
Lol. I’ve got a clay thrower and bought them all 20ga guns so I sold my 12 and bought a 20 so we could keep it simple. With all of us shooting clay we burn a bunch of shells.