1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

shotgun news auto sear

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by DeadEyeDick, Apr 1, 2011.

1. mr ed

mr ed Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    most newer lowers have a lump of aluminum that has to be machined away.
    to keep you out of trouble.
    also has to have m16 bcg and lpk

2. b52fizzle

b52fizzle Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    We could all afford it if they were legal, just like any other firearm, there is a limited supply to the public that's why full autos are so expensive.

3. tyromeo55

tyromeo55 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    To re-phrase what you are saying..... Full auto is legal. If the law would not limit the supply then the price would go down tremendously where just about anyone could afford one.

Also, The OP might of bee referring to the cost of ammo to run the machinegun

4. Hump66

Hump66 Sharpshooter

Steve at CHA told me that if post 86 auto's were legal to sell to the public, then they wouldn't cost much more than what a semi runs now.

5. JesseR

JesseR Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Yep cost of ammo would be an issue regardless of the legality of Full Auto weapons. If we were to have the option to purchase newly manufactures FA weapons, costs would drop to current costs of AR-15's. Seriously they could turn out DIAS' and Lighting Links for pennies and add them to any weapon for $99 extra...

Let me ask a serious question to you all.... Were we faced with a real situation where our government failed and we were in a state of lawlessness, how many of you would grab a dremal and a saws-all blade and start knocking out LL's for your AR's?

Given an hour or two, you'd have it down to an art!

6. 338Shooter

338Shooter Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    You can still shoot most F/As on semi. Ammo wouldn't be any more expensive unless you chose to shoot more.

7. JesseR

JesseR Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Very true but what's the fun in owning FA if you only shoot semi auto? Like having a Harley with stock pipes...

8. saltydecimator

saltydecimator Sharpshooter

as far as ll in a shtf situation, the common response is "run outta ammo too quick". my understanding of the fun switch is only for suppressive fire in squad tactics ya? that being said, i think i could pull the trigger pretty fast and actually aim a lil better (than spraying) and have better results. having never been in the mil. i have no idea whether that would work or not... but ya

as far as teh laws go, ya, they are lame. best place to start is probably the sporting purposes part of the gca 1986 deal

9. WhiteyMacD

WhiteyMacD Sharpshooter

The purpose of having a FA is not to be annoying.

10. CAR-AR-M16

CAR-AR-M16 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    If the FA ban were repealed or the country fell into anarchy like you mentioned, why mess around with a DIAS or a LL (the LL only allows FA, no SA at all)? Why not just mill and drill for a factory sear?