Shotshell reloading..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

docohm

Maximus Shooterist
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd suggest the MEC 600 jr also. They are inexpensive and once you get them set properly they work great. I've run thousands of shells through mine in the last few years, no problems. Just need a lube now and then. I also HIGHLY recommend Rick's Shooting Supplies! He's a great guy to deal with and very helpful to us starting trap shooters. He's also the OK State champ in his age group.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.. I'm watching a few mec's on eBay.. I'm sure I'll be back with more questions once o pick one up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just started shooting trap and skeet and got to shoot with the Mandrell sisters a couple of months ago. I load all of my trap and skeet loads with a Mec Sizemaster. I prefer the Sizemaster overy the 600 Jr. because I do not like the way the 600 "scrapes" metal or brass off the head, and the Sizemaster sizes the head down enough to easily chamber in the most finicky shotgun out there.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sharpshooter, I have a mec 20 ga grabber in great shape, and a 900 12 ga that needs a good cleanup, but is near new under the dust. Also have bushings, bars, bottles, some shot, hundreds of wads, etc. Would like to sell the whole lot, but will consider individual pieces. PM me if you are interested. Price is right.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just started shooting trap and skeet and got to shoot with the Mandrell sisters a couple of months ago. I load all of my trap and skeet loads with a Mec Sizemaster. I prefer the Sizemaster overy the 600 Jr. because I do not like the way the 600 "scrapes" metal or brass off the head, and the Sizemaster sizes the head down enough to easily chamber in the most finicky shotgun out there.

I have an old Sizemaster that has loaded thousands of rounds with zero problems. I got pretty fast with it when I was shooting registered skeet. Not reloading any more, but can't seem to let it go... Do have a couple of progressives I would sell, along with a ton of related stuff.

Okieshootist

Marksman
Reaction score
Yep. I swear he was the first guy in the US to come up with Hodgdon Universal and Hodgdon International after the ADI fire in Australia. I posted a picture of an 8 lb jug of Universal I got from Rick with the date stamp on the Shotgun World Forum. Shooters from all over the country couldn't believe that a dealer in Oklahoma was able to get his hands on this powder.
I've shot with the ponca boys for years. Rick is a great guy and when the powder shortage surfaced Ricks supply and downrange mfg came up with the CSB powder that kept a lot of us shooting. Was the first to start getting hodgdon and alliant powder as they started coming back on line.

Latest posts

Top Bottom