1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Should felons be allowed to own guns?

Discussion in 'Law & Order' started by dustingaunder, Jan 21, 2013.

Should felons be allowed to own guns?

Poll closed Feb 4, 2013.
  1. Yes

69 vote(s)
    51.9%
  2. No

64 vote(s)
    48.1%
  1. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    How do we judge safe? Who does that?
    There are some bad mofo’s out there that served their time in the slammer only to get out and resume their lives of crime.
    Of course, they aren’t worried about getting their 2A rights back. They just pick up a new piece on the street and move along.

D. Hargrove likes this.
  2. D. Hargrove

D. Hargrove Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    The answer is obviously Sharia Law...

3. druryj

druryj Devil Dog; Para Frog Staff Member

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Yes, rights have responsibilities. And committing crimes has consequences. In some of the above posts, the various amendments are discussed as well; yet the 2A is unlike any other; it gives a person access to a weapon with which they can kill or rob or rape; or commit another violent act. Their right to free speech, for example, doesn't seem to be quite so dangerous to me. I stand by my post that I think it should depend on the offense. Violent criminals may only serve say 10 years behind bars, but part of the penalty for committing such acts is that one forevermore forfeits their right to own a gun.

Also talked about above was that the solution is to change the laws. Discussing it here is fine, but it gets one nowhere. If you really think this is an important issue, use the link in the Politics and Hot Topics Section to write your elected officials. But keep in mind that here in Oklahoma, you are dealing with a State Government that can't even get a budget done on time and has a governor who vetoes a bill passed by the legislature concerning constitutional carry because she feels her previous actions were "good enough." Need I list more? No, I have already derailed the thread enough. So if you think that your friendly neighborhood child rapist should be allowed to legally own a weapon after they are released from prison, hungry for the tender flesh of the next available child, write or call or email your elected officials and encourage them to give that ex-felon their right to own a gun back. Despite the fact that many of these elected officials should be run out of town on a rail (my opinion), that's the only way to get them to take notice and maybe act.

dlmcm and D. Hargrove like this.
  4. ConstitutionCowboy

ConstitutionCowboy Sharpshooter

It is subterfuge. It is being hidden behind the façade of the ethereal "public safety" to evade the obvious violation of the Eighth Amendment.

Woody

Dave70968 likes this.
  5. caojyn

caojyn Sharpshooter

ITd be interesting to compare the pardon/felony conviction yearly numbers. As more crimes are made into felonies did the # of pardons go up or down.