Should felony threshold be lowered back down to $500 again?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes and the law should be changed where it’s legal to shoot a fleeing felon like it used to be.
You can now, if he's in your driveway or yard. Doesnt matter if he is trying to breach your door or windows. killem on your property.
I like it, and if SHTF I'll pile em up on my front sidewalk till they stop coming....which wont take long once the others see a pile of deads.
In a day or so when the stench gets bad, even better deterent.
I may have to move after but...

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can now, if he's in your driveway or yard. Doesnt matter if he is trying to breach your door or windows. killem on your property.
You can do just about anything but my understanding on this one is it will earn you 10-15 years in prison. Sounds like you’re talking about Castle Doctrine which currently in Oklahoma is inside your home/garage, car and place of business but currently NOT your yard. I specifically remember hearing on the news this past year that our state legislators were considering extending Castle Doctrine to our property line however I never heard anything about it passing Gov Storr’s desk for a signature. Hopefully we get there soon but I don’t believe we’re there yet. Now I certainly could be completely wrong but on this one I’d need to see it in writing or at least have the Statute number so I can look it up myself.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can do just about anything but my understanding on this one is it will earn you 10-15 years in prison. Sounds like you’re talking about Castle Doctrine which currently in Oklahoma is inside your home/garage, car and place of business but currently NOT your yard. I specifically remember hearing on the news this past year that our state legislators were considering extending Castle Doctrine to our property line however I never heard anything about it passing Gov Storr’s desk for a signature. Hopefully we get there soon but I don’t believe we’re there yet. Now I certainly could be completely wrong but on this one I’d need to see it in writing or at least have the Statute number so I can look it up myself.
I'm like you. I don't think the law has been extended yet.
https://www.okshooters.com/threads/...law-use-deadly-force-to-property-line.352982/

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The bigger question is, Should a felon remain as such after serving his sentence/time?
I say NO but it is that way and its Fing wrong.

I’d be for it, maybe, if they proved they could live on the outside without breaking laws for a specific amount of time, as long as it was a property crime and not a violent felony or committed while in possession of a firearm.

If you’re a violent felon or commit a gun crime, pound sand. You’re a felon, forever. Your opinion can be different, I don’t give a ****, I ain’t changing mine.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’d be for it, maybe, if they proved they could live on the outside without breaking laws for a specific amount of time, as long as it was a property crime and not a violent felony or committed while in possession of a firearm.

If you’re a violent felon or commit a gun crime, pound sand. You’re a felon, forever. Your opinion can be different, I don’t give a ****, I ain’t changing mine.
I agree with that. I'm talking about someone who was caught with drugs, maybe a half a joint and now they are a felon for life. I have a recent new friend and he did 5 years in prison back in the 90s. He now is a life long felon. It was a drug charge and he now is clean, owns his own HVAC business and makes a killer salary. He has a paid for house in an older neighborhood and also owns 2-3 more houses on the same street that are rentals. Hes a pillar of his community and he cant even have a BB gun.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm talking about someone who was caught with drugs, maybe a half a joint and now they are a felon for life.
I know of a person well that had done a little more than have half a joint but after 15 years of living right he took his case before a judge. I believe it took a couple more years but he was able to get his record expunged. I mention this only to show that it can be done but man does it take some effort…..which it should.

Latest posts

Top Bottom