SHOULD I CHARGE FRIEND OF A FRIEND ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe theres a misinterpretation here on my part, and a difference between "asking for" and "recieving" said help in whatever form it comes.

Also have a friend in heat/air biz. He gave me a bill for parts only and I paid him more money what would cost normally. Don't expect free stuff from him. I treat him fairly.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Friends don't ask friends for discounts or freebies from their business or livelihood. If it's not your income that's up to you. I help a lot of people with different things I don't make a living at. (I have a Bobcat skid steer just to use around the place, neighbors always need something done, wouldn't charge any of them). Just my 2 cents

What a coincidence buddy/neighbor! I live in Piedmont as well and I’m about to have a truck full of dirt dropped in my yard to help level it out!

HeyEng

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Although not *quite* the same, I have figured out that if I charge someone for legal advice and/or service, they take it seriously. If I provide my services for free (whether pro bono, friends, etc.) they don't heed said advice or don't find value in it. I always think that's interesting.

My Dad had a commercial HVAC company and many years ago, he would occasionally help neighbors (who he knew for years) but they seemed to take advantage of him. He retired in 1988, and died at 91 years old a couple of years ago. As recently as a year before he died, some of those same neighbors would STILL call asking for help...yes, from a 90 year old man.

Latest posts

Top Bottom