Should OK extend carry rights to citizens of...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
... states that don't recognize ours?

I'm currently on travel to a state that does not honor any other state's carry permits, so perhaps understandably it pisses me off that we as a state would grant rights for carry in our home to those folks. On the other hand, that whole "shall not be infringed" thing. Would barring carry to those outsiders perhaps incite a change of that state's policy?

So, just curious, what do others think? Should we as a state allow citizens of another state to carry in ours when they don't grant us the same courtesy?
That's a good point. On the one hand I would say no we should not. Then I get to thinking why should we infringe on the rights of those citizens just because their state government is wrong.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This.. 1 law state law does not over ride the constitution..

I try to avoid states that do not support us, I had to drive thru Illinois a few years ago. I did so without spending a single dollar in that state. I know it doesnt hurt them, but I will not support states, business that dont support my rights.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
But why, though? I mean, I see your point, and I see the point of the OP but, what does it matter what other states do? Who cares if Oklahoma will allow California residents for example to carry their pistol over here but California won’t allow us to carry there? What would taking them off our list do for us? Nothing. And it sure as heck ain’t going to mean anything to California because if it did, they would be offering reciprocity back to us but since they don’t, they could care less if we take them off our list or not. I just think it makes Oklahoma a lot more of a great state to live in because he’ll, even back before the law went into effect when Oklahoma became a full on Constitutional carry state, Oklahoma I think, was allowing all but like,three or four of the other previous Constitutional carry states carry their pistols in our state without a permit even while we Oklahoma residents, still had to have a permit long before before November 1 of that year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think I remember the constitutional states Oklahoma allowed also required handgun safety courses?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is it a law that a person from another state has to wear a sign saying they’re from “California” when they carry in Oklahoma?:scratch:

If not, how would you know they were from a state that doesn’t have reciprocity with OK?!?:anyone:
[/QUOTE

Say they got stopped by the police? "Where ya'll from? Says Komiefornia on yer tags there. You got any weapons?"

Latest posts

Top Bottom