Should OK extend carry rights to citizens of...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corneileous

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry, I should of made my statement clearer. I just want the different states to get together and figure this out on their own.

You mean like, those states that don’t allow carry from other states?

Well, good luck with that because as liberal as those states are, I believe the only thing that’s gonna make that happen is the federal government stepping in and telling them they have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You mean like, those states that don’t allow carry from other states?

Well, good luck with that because as liberal as those states are, I believe the only thing that’s gonna make that happen is the federal government stepping in and telling them they have to.

Your probably right. Here's hoping all these new gun owners in some of these states can help turn the tide by starting to elect politicians/officials with sensible gun laws in mind.

corneileous

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
... states that don't recognize ours?

I'm currently on travel to a state that does not honor any other state's carry permits, so perhaps understandably it pisses me off that we as a state would grant rights for carry in our home to those folks. On the other hand, that whole "shall not be infringed" thing. Would barring carry to those outsiders perhaps incite a change of that state's policy?

So, just curious, what do others think? Should we as a state allow citizens of another state to carry in ours when they don't grant us the same courtesy?

It might for some states but if we were to start cutting allowances from other states because they don’t extend reciprocity to us, they probably don’t even care because other than just being liberal states and hating guns, a lot of why most states won’t honor other state’s permits is because those first states don’t think those other state’s permit process is as stringent as theirs.

Like for example, why is it I think Wisconsin or whatever it is, will only allow Oklahoma’s permits up to 2018? Did something change on our end?

corneileous

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your probably right. Here's hoping all these new gun owners in some of these states can help turn the tide by starting to elect politicians/officials with sensible gun laws in mind.

I think they been trying but now it seems the logical thing to do is just pack up and get the fack outta there and go somewhere that’s a lot more gun-friendly.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm too lazy to look it up but several of them don't have reciprocity because we issue a 5 and 10 year permits. 10 years between background checks doesn't fly in some places.

As for Oklahoma honoring a CCW from anywhere. I'm 100% for that. Lead by example. Freedom is always a good thing.

corneileous

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm too lazy to look it up but several of them don't have reciprocity because we issue a 5 and 10 year permits. 10 years between background checks doesn't fly in some places.

As for Oklahoma honoring a CCW from anywhere. I'm 100% for that. Lead by example. Freedom is always a good thing.

Not only that but those states that refuse to reciprocate with anybody probably have far more hoops to jump through than we do to be allowed to exercise our 2nd Amendment rights. Not only that, isn’t California and New York two of the states that unless your life is in eminent danger, they won’t even issue a permit even if your background check is clean?

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I find respiratory a great travel tool for planning all of our family trips and vacation.
If I can't carry a gun there; WE DONT GO!!!
I won't spend my money there, I wont pay tolls there, I wont take great pics and share them on social media, etc etc. It is like that state doesn't even exist in my family.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it a law that a person from another state has to wear a sign saying they’re from “California” when they carry in Oklahoma?:scratch:

If not, how would you know they were from a state that doesn’t have reciprocity with OK?!?:anyone:

Latest posts

Top Bottom