Should UNICEF a non profit, be sponsoring a NASCAR truck?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just turned on a TV program called Pit Crew on the CARS TV channel. It was on this show I was watching a truck and pit crew with their major sponsor being a non profit publicly funded organization, UNICEF.

UNICEF, also known as the United Nations Children's Fund, is a United Nations agency responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide. The agency is among the most widespread and recognizable social welfare organizations in the world, with a presence in 192 countries and territories. UNICEF's activities include providing immunizations and disease prevention, administering treatment for children and mothers with HIV, enhancing childhood and maternal nutrition, improving sanitation, promoting education, and providing emergency relief in response to disasters.

I'm sorry, but I feel the monies going into this endeavor are wasted and could better be used to help children around the world. A non profit has no business sponsoring a race car.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't disagree, however, it is an advertising medium, TV spots, radio, billboards, race cars.

I don't think our armed forces need to be sponsoring race cars either(our tax dollars at work). But in the big picture, it is an advertising medium.

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in grade school, I walked 20 miles for UNICEF and had garnered pledges of so many cents per mile, so many dollars per mile from people to do so. I was proud of my contribution however piddly it was. Our church class turned in $3,000 plus to UNICEF. I thought it was a good and noble organization, until now.

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is common for non-profits to spend money on advertising in order to increase funding. Advertising is often hard to determine an exact ROI on, but it is generally needed. Like many of you, I have trouble donating to an organization that only allocates 50% of its income to its actual cause, while the CEOs and everyone else makes a buck, but often it is a necessary evil. Someone has to run the huge company, and they have to actively seek donations. For some of the larger non-profits, a 50% allocation is still millions more than a smaller org is capable of, and that wouldn't be possible without the branding/advertising they invest in.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They have an advertising budget.
That is advertising.

I think they are scam, the children get pennies, but it is up to each whether to donate.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom