Should UNICEF a non profit, be sponsoring a NASCAR truck?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Larry was ousted wasn't he by a hostile takeover?
If I remember right it was a SIL or something like that. They didn’t want to lose the gravy train. What sparked my memory of this is that there was a racecar at the fairgrounds that prominently had Feed The Children on the back quarter panel.

CC379

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought the Red Cross & Feed the Children were good charities until the tornado in 99, I think most charities start with good intentions but then they just turn to greed and become nothing more than a scam

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This charity thing.
I was just thinking the other day many homeless people need socks.
I was thinking If I was to go to a store or a corporation and tell them I wanted to buy a lot of socks and give them to the homeless would they give me a discount?

These panhandlers that pollute our streets makes me almost hate all homeless people though.

And aren't there many programs out there for disabled vets.
I see some holding signs that state DAV.

I like to help people and hate taking money for it. I like to barter.
I was thinking I would probably do well for others if I began a charity.

Any of you guys or gals thought of doing that?

CC379

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This charity thing.
I was thinking If I was to go to a store or a corporation and tell them I wanted to buy a lot of socks and give them to the homeless would they give me a discount?

These panhandlers that pollute our streets makes me almost hate all homeless people though.

when in college I gave $20 to a panhandler who was standing out in a windstorm temperatures below freezing. I pulled in a parking lot just in time to see him run down a hill where his van was hidden from view. later that evening I seen him and his wife or gf in the bar having a big time. I never said anything to them I just considered it a good lesson

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hit a panhandler on the Will Rogers turnpike rest stop while going to the bathroom. He claimed his family (with him) we’re stranded and about out of gas and needed a few $$$, I said fine let’s go to the station
off the exit.

We’ll guess what he couldn’t get 5 dollars in his tank. Some of these folks make a living begging. I typically don’t give cash. I’ll fill your tank or buy you food but that’s about it.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What makes anyone think UNICEF is a non-profit? By using creative book keeping the leaders get rich and the kids get next to nothing. They can claim a "fact finding" mission to a 4 star hotel is for the children.

Anymore the only way to be sure of your donation doing good is to donate food to your local food bank.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This charity thing.

This company, really expensive, but nice socks, donate socks to homeless from day one. Donations - Giving Back

panhandlers != homeless though.

There are many programs for vets. Highly Rated Nonprofits Dedicated to Veterans and Military Service Members : Charity Navigator

And many fake vets panhandle.

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I remember right it was a SIL or something like that. They didn’t want to lose the gravy train. What sparked my memory of this is that there was a racecar at the fairgrounds that prominently had Feed The Children on the back quarter panel.
I knew Larry personally. I know he would never run that org into what it had become.

Latest posts

Top Bottom