Should We Wear the Mask?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did a Google search last night worded " What are the dangers of wearing the mask?" Here are the top three items that came up.
Face masks may increase coronavirus risks experts say.
The effects of facemasks on airway inflammation.
The surgical mask is a bad fit for risk reduction.
I read a separate article about the Spanish flu back just before WWI that killed millions worldwide. When the doctors did research they found that most people died from bacterial pneumonia from wearing the mask. I don't know if the article is true or not. I know it sucks wearing the mask and hearing aids.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd imagine bacterial pneumonia could be traced back to unsanitary care. You couldn't just toss a mask in the washer back then. You had to toss them at the washer and hope she did a good job.

Those pretend surgical masks don't fit well. I have a few in my work truck for when I forget my n99, those surely aren't "surgical" masks. I'd hate to think a surgeon wears something so crappy, but then again, hospitals know it pays to be cheap.

Wearing a mask does suck. I'd hate to have a job wearing one all day. But I can live with the few minutes I'd spend in a store/place I had to wear it.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think a good mask, properly worn, has a positive effect; especially with preventing spread from someone who is infected. With that said, I can certainly understand the resistance for those required to wear a mask for an 8 hour workday. The 20 minutes or so that I have to wear a mask every couple of days is a very minor inconvenience compared to what is being asked of others.

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont go to anyplace that i have to wear one if they require it i just keep my money and go someplace else or do without cause more than likely didnt need it to begin with.
Well if you "didn't need it to begin with," how do you explain the major spread of the Chinese virus when groups of know people get too close together and don't wear masks. Best example that comes to mind right now is the nomination of Amy Comey Barret in the White House Rose Garden, and the significant number of people that were there and became infected ?

I guess your thinking is that the same number of those people would have gotten sick if they had all had on masks ?

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everyone is going to get sick from something from time to time and everyone is going to die from something sooner or later there is no stopping it. I dont need the government telling me how to live my life i have done just fine for over 60 years and only go to the doctor when i have to every 4 or 5 years.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m surprised at the “you can’t make me wear a mask” sentiment still exists. At this point it is the most effective tool we have to slow the spread. Not perfect, but a darn sight better than nothing. I think of all that folks did, that they didn’t want to, during WW II. I don’t think our society today could match that level of cooperation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom