Shout out to Arvest Bank

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wanted to give kudos to Arvest Bank for supporting firearms businesses.

My wife and I were in the Bartlesville location on Friday opening a commercial checking account for our LLC. The banker was making copies of the paperwork we brought in which included the FFL 07 license for the business. I saw the bank lady paying extra attention to the FFL and started to worry because I've heard that some financial institutions will not service firearms related businesses. When the lady came back from the copier she said she had to make a phone call before proceeding because she wasn't sure if there was "anything else" we needed to open an account because of the firearms aspect. She called someone up the chain from her on speaker phone and told him about the FFL license. She asked "is that ok? Do we need anything else?" The man on the other end said "Of course that's ok! Why would THAT matter?"
We opened the account without incident and I left happy knowing that I didn't have to find a new bank for ALL my accounts.
When I became President of the Ponca Gun club, I insisted that myself and the VP be included with the club account. No objection from the club secretary/treasurer so had to go to the bank to fill out a signature card. The VP handling the business asked for two forms of ID, so I produced a drivers license and my Concealed Carry card.
I thought the little twerp was going to shat his pants when he looked at the concealed carry card. He finally asked me if I was armed, and then corrected himself saying, considering this was about a gun club, it's acceptable and we went on about our business.
Yes, there was a sign on the door saying no firearms, but it had a pic of a Baretta, and I was carrying a Kahr, so no harm no foul in my mind.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
RCB isint that great. I haven't had an account with them since 2007.

Oh, great.

We have our account at Arvest. Small town, we had 2 choices. Old, town bank or Arvest. At the time, OLD bank did no on-line banking or debit card.

Arvest was good for what we needed.

'Rona shut down lobby. Not a major issues, but SOMETIMES ya just gots to go inside.
THEN, last summer, they shut the entire branch down. Now, we have to drive 35 miles, if we need to go to the bank.

With new management, will be moving my account, soon.

Last edited:

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your bank is soon to be RCB Bank. I hope RCB is as good as Arvest.
It is not.
Plain & simple, RCB is no good for customer service. At least not around here.

I have an uncle that works for Arvest in Arkansas. He is an avid hunter, outdoorsman, gun guy. He even gets to take certain "clients/customers" on fishing trips & hog hunts.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Years ago I had an Arvest personal account but when Arvest put up their signs I moved my personal account to BancFirst where I previously had my Business account for many years. They never had "no carry" signs at any location I have visited. In fact, thinking back, I have had zero complaints of anything about BancFirst in 28 years but they have gone above and beyond taking care of a few quirks giving me a phone call to avoid problems while I had my business. That is pretty impressive even to me.

icarus_85

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your bank is soon to be RCB Bank. I hope RCB is as good as Arvest.
I personally know the current CEO and President of RCB, Roger Mosier. He's a good man and friend. I don't bank at RCB but have a family member that did and they seemed to like their service. As with any bank, service is key, and you just let them know if you aren't being served as expected.

RCB was owned by Frank Robson and his family, and may still have a working interest in the bank. So there is still a Walton family connection. Frank Robsons' sister, Helen, was Sam Waltons wife.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wanted to give kudos to Arvest Bank for supporting firearms businesses.

My wife and I were in the Bartlesville location on Friday opening a commercial checking account for our LLC. The banker was making copies of the paperwork we brought in which included the FFL 07 license for the business. I saw the bank lady paying extra attention to the FFL and started to worry because I've heard that some financial institutions will not service firearms related businesses. When the lady came back from the copier she said she had to make a phone call before proceeding because she wasn't sure if there was "anything else" we needed to open an account because of the firearms aspect. She called someone up the chain from her on speaker phone and told him about the FFL license. She asked "is that ok? Do we need anything else?" The man on the other end said "Of course that's ok! Why would THAT matter?"
We opened the account without incident and I left happy knowing that I didn't have to find a new bank for ALL my accounts.
F&M Bank is the same way . . . they actually have a credit card processor they work with and recommend as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom