Shout out to Precision Bullets!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gotta' heap a little praise for Precision Bullets out of Kemp, Texas. I would say they are a 'powder coated' bullet, but they have their own "Polylube Hybrid Coating Technology." Their prices are extremely reasonable, and shipping is always free. Anyway, I had ordered 250 of their 9mm 150-grain round nose to try. Right away, I ran into problems, because a bunch of my loads would not pass the 'plunk' test, or 'drop fit' test. To make a long story short, I finally started measuring bullets. The smallest of them mic'd about .3559" and some of them were as large as .3578"! OK. Back up. Re-group. I double-checked everything and confirmed what I was seeing. SO, I ran them through my Lee cast bullet sizing die, and discovered that it only sized them down to .3567"! Well, crap! I talked with Lee and found out that their manufacturing tolerance is 0.356" +/- 0.0005". So, 0.3565" is acceptable to them. I didn't figure it was worth the hassle over .0002" to send the die back to Lee and see if they confirmed my findings and offered a replacement, especially since it still might drop bullets that measured .3565". So, I started from scratch and loaded some of the .3567" bullets and got them to work. In the midst of all of this, I emailed Precision Bullets and told them what I had found. I didn't ask them to do anything, but told them I wanted to be sure they were aware of the issue. I had already ordered 250 of their 115-grainers to give them a try. I heard back from Dave himself. He said those dies had cranked out over 10,000,000 9mm bullets this year, and he had just replaced all 9mm re-striking dies. He said they were cranking out bullets that measured (IIRC) .3554" to .3558". He also said he was sending me another 250 of the 150-grain bullets along with my order for 250 of the 115-grainers. Even though they are currently saying they are 8 to 10 weeks out on their shipping, my bullets shipped in right at three weeks. They arrived Friday while I was out of state, and I just got a chance to check them out today. Sure enough, they are measuring about .3554" to .3559". Plenty good for range/plinking ammo! I'm not affiliated with PB in any way, but I thought they deserved some praise for excellent customer service in a very trying time!

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Always great to find another honest, ‘standup guy’ type business! Glad it worked in your favor, and it’s appreciated, since I am loading casts in my Marlin 45 Colt, as well as my 45-70.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Really great to hear! Thank you for posting. I've been impressed with his videos on YouTube, and with their free shipping policy. I've been wanting to try some of their bullets but the current lead times made me look elsewhere. I've been having good success with Xtreme, Acme, and Gallant, which I've been able to find locally. One of these days I'm going to end up placing an order for some PB's. I've even gone so far as to email them and get the 10% off first time buyer discount code. With the excellent customer service you described, I think I'll go ahead and get an order placed, and begin the waiting game.

Rustygun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have used PB for at least two years and Always had high quality bullets from them. in the midst of a epic shortage they shipped 1K of 115 grain RN bullets and in a very reasonable amount of time. My go to for reloading supplies.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've used them before. The bullet coating is interesting and works, although I had to use a pretty strong case flare so that I didn't cut into the "jacket" during seating.

Latest posts

Top Bottom