Show me your guitars!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, someone said in another thread do NOT start a thread about guitars. So of course I had to start a thread about guitars. :pms2:

It might seem that guitars and guns don't make much sense as far as congruent hobbies, yet I know that some here (obviously into guns) are into both. Here are a few common traits that apply to both hobbies.

1) They all work basically the same way and do the same thing, so you'd think you only need one. Nope, there are lots of variations that make every one individually interesting, so you can't have too many of either! But I just want ONE more!
2) They are not cheap to buy, but if you make the right deals and take care of them, you'll lose very little if any money by the time you get rid of them.
3) The goal is to get really good results with either, so you practice and practice... but you never get good enough.
4) They are both very loud!
5) They're fun to play with.
6) They're both pretty!

Having said all that, here is my most recent acquisition, and it comes with a story. I have wanted a Koa Taylor guitar since I first found out Taylor made Koa guitars. Myguitar teacher called one day and said he had taken one in on trade, it was exceptionally clean (like new), and he wanted to make sure I knew about it. I told him I probably wouldn't buy it, but I'd like to see it. So a couple of days later I go to his store, look at it, and it's beautiful... but I tell him I just can't justify another guitar so I'll have to pass. I go home and tell my wife I really liked it, but don't need it so I didn't buy it.

As soon as I turn my back, she takes her cell phone outside, calls him, and said my husband likes it, I want to buy it. So my whole family and a couple of friends collude together to get it and surprise me with it for Christmas. One of the biggest surprises in my life, and I've been enjoying it ever since. Taylor K14ce, has since been affectionately referred to as the Krismus Koa Guitar.

She is 10 years old but looks like new. You can't appreciate the golden shimmer of wood in the back from the pictures, a luthier told me that is called "chatoyance", and that Koa is LOADED with it!

69369260889__0F24FDB9-7C22-403C-86C9-D3533D8B9D6E.JPEG
69369264089__2365A61C-475D-4E6C-BF6E-D04B518B7AD4.JPEG
69369266297__242F97C3-4DD8-47D2-9BCC-79B8C43B5CA6.JPEG
69369262682__CA974686-7CC9-4B60-A94D-986965A2630D.JPEG

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Takamine that belonged to my neighbor that I was lucky enough to secure from his estate after he passed away. I didn’t know he was a musician until he passed, I have all of my son’s guitars and the bass in this picture belonged to the bass players from The Black Keys bass player, he is a friend of my sister-in-law from their days at Belmont in Nashville. She needed a quick birthday present for her nephew and he offered the bass to give to my son. We didn’t know the story until a couple of years ago so that makes it pretty cool.

7C6C6186-2E1E-47FD-8F26-14C2D8A510A4.jpeg

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Some of you guy are helping me spend money in the watch thread. SO, I’m gonna help you spend some money in the guitar thread!
Beautiful with all the gold accents. Epiphone Bigsby at Cash America pawn near Hefner and Western.
I love music but don’t have a musical bone in my body. My dad and brother can both sing and play multiple instruments. I just had to listen and enjoy what they could do.
F228826D-E572-48F7-BCEB-2CF11F6A0294.png

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of you guy are helping me spend money in the watch thread. SO, I’m gonna help you spend some money in the guitar thread!
Beautiful with all the gold accents. Epiphone Bigsby at Cash America pawn near Hefner and Western.
I love music but don’t have a musical bone in my body. My dad and brother can both sing and play multiple instruments. I just had to listen and enjoy what they could do.
View attachment 346962
Nice One!!! how much

Latest posts

Top Bottom