Show me yours--I'll show you mine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was wondering what your favorite 'deer rifle' was. Mine is this Ruger Gunsite Scout 308. Have attached a Ching Sling that really helps stability. With the attached "Can" and subsonic ammo it is a hoot to shoot. My 80 acre hunting property is high density woods so most shots are 50-100 yards. You would be hard pressed to find a clear shot over 100 yards. I set up a 'range' for 100 yards and had to take down several small trees to get a 4' wide lane that long.
DSCN3956.JPG

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine is very similar. Remington Model 7 with leupold VX3i 3.5-10x40.

Trying to find a short titanium can to lighten the front end.

View attachment 221818
my can is the Saker 762. It locks on a muzzle brake so I can in a couple of seconds transfer it to my 556 or 300 blk out. It looks to be a bit shorter than yours.

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
my can is the Saker 762. It locks on a muzzle brake so I can in a couple of seconds transfer it to my 556 or 300 blk out. It looks to be a bit shorter than yours.
Yeah, mines a Yankee Hill Phantom. It screws onto a flash hider as well. I think Yankee Hill was one of the first to do it. Problem is they charged $150 for each flash hider. It's stainless steel and adds quite a bit of weight to the front end.

Latest posts

Top Bottom