Show off your painted rifles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 277 Wolverine I duracoated a few years back, the 2nd pic shows how well it blends in in the field

20170827_121036.jpg
20171118_073307.jpg

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Danged if I don’t like that,Clint
Thanks! That was probably my 3rd-4th rifle to coat, always borrow a small inexpensive airbrush from my friend at work (he helps me at his shop) and buy the Duracoat from Midway. Always done each gun different, but liked this one best; Coyote Tan basecoat, and then used some kind of darker brown and put it on with a sponge.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks! That was probably my 3rd-4th rifle to coat, always borrow a small inexpensive airbrush from my friend at work (he helps me at his shop) and buy the Duracoat from Midway. Always done each gun different, but liked this one best; Coyote Tan basecoat, and then used some kind of darker brown and put it on with a sponge.
I see it now. Sea sponge from sherwin Williams or any other paint store. Nice.

rj ︈

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went back and redid mine to add a khaki tan in as a base layer. I made sure to not spray much when using the stencil this time around and also used the laundry bag to "sponge" the paint on for some more hard lines. Still wanted it to be pretty dark but I think this is a good improvement from before.

IMG_3761.JPG

IMG_3759.JPG

IMG_3758.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3760.JPG
    IMG_3760.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 67

Latest posts

Top Bottom