Show us your soldiers and sailors...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't wanna hijack panhandle's thread, but it inspired me to brag on my niece a little bit. She joined the US Navy a year out of high school (class of 2017) and has just signed up for her 2nd enlistment.

She currently holds the rank of BM2 (E-5/petty officer 2nd class/boatswain's mate) and is aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln. They are on their way home (San Diego) after a brief deployment to Guam, the Philippines and Vietnam. Here's some pics of her before she got her 2nd stripe.

FB_IMG_1632586165426.jpg
20190302_010441.jpg
IMG954979.jpg

Her and my youngest daughter graduated the same year, so yeah, she's like my own kid, spending as much time at my house as she did her own. I'm so proud of her.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She's making money and showing her patriotism! When I joined, people were retiring as E-4 and it took me nearly 8 years to make E-5 and after that it was no way but up.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll threadjack with a picture of my Airman...

anim_coffee.gif

This is my son. He's an Air Force MSgt TACP/JTAC. 7 combat tours...4 to Iraq, 3 to Afghanistan. He was awarded a Bronze Star w/Valor during the Battle of Fallujah in 2004. He's been TACP of the Year (Air Force wide) twice. He's got a s***load of other awards and decorations.

He'll be retiring in a year and three months.

Needless to say I'm very proud of him.

20200926_094525.jpg

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll threadjack with a picture of my Airman...

View attachment 267000

This is my son. He's an Air Force MSgt TACP/JTAC. 7 combat tours...4 to Iraq, 3 to Afghanistan. He was awarded a Bronze Star w/Valor during the Battle of Fallujah in 2004. He's been TACP of the Year (Air Force wide) twice. He's got a s***load of other awards and decorations.

He'll be retiring in a year and three months.

Needless to say I'm very proud of him.

View attachment 267001
Sounds like a great career! My son said the TACP’s in his airborne class were outstanding!

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't wanna hijack panhandle's thread, but it inspired me to brag on my niece a little bit. She joined the US Navy a year out of high school (class of 2017) and has just signed up for her 2nd enlistment.

She currently holds the rank of BM2 (E-5/petty officer 2nd class/boatswain's mate) and is aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln. They are on their way home (San Diego) after a brief deployment to Guam, the Philippines and Vietnam. Here's some pics of her before she got her 2nd stripe.

View attachment 266897View attachment 266898View attachment 266899

Her and my youngest daughter graduated the same year, so yeah, she's like my own kid, spending as much time at my house as she did her own. I'm so proud of her.

I'm glad you bragged on her a little bit... I love hearing stories and seeing pictures about other's family members in the military.

Latest posts

Top Bottom