Show your bike thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunset_Z28

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
A new pic of my Fatboy Lo...
i772.photobucket.com_albums_yy6_HK_Dogg_563922_408123089199894_1891597506_n.jpg

That's a badass bike.

Nanotech9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
nope - just a regular '05 GS - weighed in at 860lbs with an almost empty tank just after this photo (truck scales). A full tank puts me over 900 lbs.

Rode MOAB's White Rim Trail the day before - all 100 miles of it - brutal. 118deg stopped, 108 moving. Didn't carry enough water. Turned into a mental game keeping myself from hitting the button on the SPOT device.

White Rim Trail
[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

(did I already post these? lol... can't remember. Hope its not a repeat)

a little side-shoot at 12k going up into Ouray from Durango on the 550... the 550 isn't for the weak of heart on a bike (or a car). Much rather be heading North than South on it!!! Southbound lane is a sheer drop off with no rail 95% of the way and its a LONG way down and theres no shoulder on the road.

[Broken External Image]

Garand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We did a little ride out through that part of the country this year too!

Our goal was to complete the CO and UT sections of the TAT, but Bob had a little get off just south and east of Ouray leaving him with a broken hand. He managed to ride out to civilization, and all the way from Ouray to Durango before we called it. I rode the highway all the way back to get the truck.
Even with the trip cut short we had a great time!

gkasper.smugmug.com_photos_i_4cC3xL6_0_L_i_4cC3xL6_L.jpg

gkasper.smugmug.com_photos_i_2qwfcHd_0_XL_i_2qwfcHd_XL.jpg

gkasper.smugmug.com_photos_i_J9xTpM2_0_X2_i_J9xTpM2_X2.jpg

gkasper.smugmug.com_photos_i_9FkP2qV_0_X2_i_9FkP2qV_X2.jpg

gkasper.smugmug.com_photos_i_DjnsRvt_0_XL_i_DjnsRvt_XL.jpg

Nanotech9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
very nice! Where is California pass at?

Me and a buddy and the womens went to Tin Cup this summer (late summer) to ride the trails on UTV's... I was bored, but there was definitely a LOT of great scenery. Want to go back on a bike and blast through it.

Garand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
makes me sick that I was SOOO close to that, and never even knew it! maybe next time... on the KTM :)

I don't know that I would have wanted to be on a big bike there. I guess normally its a pretty easy pass on any DS bike, but the roads were hammered when we were there. They were baseball sized loose gravel top to bottom. There were more than a few switchbacks that I wasn't sure I was going to be able to get my bike slowed down enough to make, and we were both on WR250R's.

Latest posts

Top Bottom