Show your bike thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2007 Harley Softail Custom

Boat 046.jpg

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a couple of these 1989 KX250s. For some reason I love the hideous Kawasaki green. '89 was a good year for the KX after a decade of track testing with guys like Jeff Ward. Most dirt bikes get ridden hard and put away wet and I love when they are restored back to original like the one in the photo. Think I'm gonna do that with one of mine and display it in the living room. ;-)

FWIW the pic shows the European model with the upside-down fork. The US models had the standard teles.

i655.photobucket.com_albums_uu277_flatwins_AE98D768_9CD1_412E_37b8740aac84b5072e7342d119374eb5.jpg

MP43

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It still needs a little more work, mostly electrical, but I took my Winter project for its first ride yesterday.

i182.photobucket.com_albums_x192_cj750_Motorcycles_Triumph_Trident32813003_zpsa9a7b460.jpg

1972 Triumph Trident, 750cc triple. This was the first year for a 5-speed transmission, the last year for a drum front brake.

MP43

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks! The bike will probably make the purists cringe, since it isn't a totally stock restoration. Original paint scheme was purple & white two-tone (a little too authentically "seventies" for my taste), the carbs are newer replacements for the factory Amals, and there are other more subtle changes as well. But it was built as a rider not a garage queen, and I'm happy with how it came out.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks! The bike will probably make the purists cringe, since it isn't a totally stock restoration. Original paint scheme was purple & white two-tone (a little too authentically "seventies" for my taste), the carbs are newer replacements for the factory Amals, and there are other more subtle changes as well. But it was built as a rider not a garage queen, and I'm happy with how it came out.

No worries on originality. The bike in my avatar is a '63 BMW with a '73 engine. I built it to ride, not win shows.

Latest posts

Top Bottom