SHTF question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To me it would depend on where exactly you work and live. By that I mean are we talking driving across the OKC Metro or Guymon to Slapout? My point is if I were traveling in an open rural area I’d probably opt for an AR while in a metro area I’d prefer an M1911A1 and several mags. Pretty hard to manipulate an AR and protect yourself while inside your car.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was just thinking of what I have at the moment
Pick up a used guitar case at a pawn shop, get some egg crate foam, cut out the outline of the lower and upper with an electric knife and your blended in until some big burly guy in leathers asks you to pick a tune for his sick momma. 😲

Boaty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a dual rifle rack in my truck that mounts to the roof. You can’t see it from the outside. I’ve been pulled over by LEO, and yes I told them I was armed, they didn’t see it. I’ve had people get in my truck and ride for 10 minutes and didn’t see notice. You can get a cable lock to secure, but, the harder it is to get to your weapon or assemble your weapon, is it really SHTF ready? You keep a disassembled weapon in your vehicle, lol, nobody is going to wait for you to put it together. Nobody is going to wait for you to take a lock off. I have a viper alarm with a pager that alerts me. My practice might not work for you or some of these guys here that are scared of a weiner dog, but maybe it helps you

Attachments

• B1582B5B-2FA8-43D4-A6AF-E2CE722A02BA.jpeg
    B1582B5B-2FA8-43D4-A6AF-E2CE722A02BA.jpeg
    703.3 KB · Views: 0

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a dual rifle rack in my truck that mounts to the roof. You can’t see it from the outside. I’ve been pulled over by LEO, and yes I told them I was armed, they didn’t see it. I’ve had people get in my truck and ride for 10 minutes and didn’t see notice. You can get a cable lock to secure, but, the harder it is to get to your weapon or assemble your weapon, is it really SHTF ready? You keep a disassembled weapon in your vehicle, lol, nobody is going to wait for you to put it together. Nobody is going to wait for you to take a lock off. I have a viper alarm with a pager that alerts me. My practice might not work for you or some of these guys here that are scared of a weiner dog, but maybe it helps you
Nice rig! Did you bolt through your roof or did you scab something under your liner?

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a similar set up in my Rangers. It keeps my rifle out of the way and from getting banged around.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Up for your consideration is to add a 12 gauge shotgun to your rifle stash.

A tennis racket case (sporting goods store, pawn shop, garage sale) is smaller than a guitar case.

JoeGloker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who makes this mount?

Latest posts

Top Bottom