SHTF question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sgt Dog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a dual rifle rack in my truck that mounts to the roof. You can’t see it from the outside. I’ve been pulled over by LEO, and yes I told them I was armed, they didn’t see it. I’ve had people get in my truck and ride for 10 minutes and didn’t see notice. You can get a cable lock to secure, but, the harder it is to get to your weapon or assemble your weapon, is it really SHTF ready? You keep a disassembled weapon in your vehicle, lol, nobody is going to wait for you to put it together. Nobody is going to wait for you to take a lock off. I have a viper alarm with a pager that alerts me. My practice might not work for you or some of these guys here that are scared of a weiner dog, but maybe it helps you
I’ve got in my friends truck with a similar mount. Didn’t even notice till he unracked his rifle one day when out hunting.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a dual rifle rack in my truck that mounts to the roof. You can’t see it from the outside. I’ve been pulled over by LEO, and yes I told them I was armed, they didn’t see it. I’ve had people get in my truck and ride for 10 minutes and didn’t see notice. You can get a cable lock to secure, but, the harder it is to get to your weapon or assemble your weapon, is it really SHTF ready? You keep a disassembled weapon in your vehicle, lol, nobody is going to wait for you to put it together. Nobody is going to wait for you to take a lock off. I have a viper alarm with a pager that alerts me. My practice might not work for you or some of these guys here that are scared of a weiner dog, but maybe it helps you
Ima thinking my F-250 4X4 with 20” tires and a 3” lift kit would not offer much concealment from outside the vehicle unless one was 6’ 7” or so.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I'm wondering how someone can get in the vehicle and not notice 2 rifles above your head.🙄
Looking at their phones or picking boogers. My buddy has one and the first thing I did was almost knock myself out on the mount and cut my nugget through my hat. I knew it was there but had to get something out of the back floorboard and whack...stars. His install wasn't as neat and tidy as the one pictured though.

Manowar24

New to the site!
Reaction score
I work an hour away from home I have thought about keeping an AR in the truck in case something happens. Do I carry it in the truck? Or try to blend in?
Surviving is a mindset. Yes, you need weapons available. And we all want our favorite close at hand. But perhaps an event happens when you are least prepared. Go to your mindset, Not Today, Not here, And Not with me .... *****. Grab a stool, an Ice pick, Close the distance in stealth mode. Beat their ass till nothing remains. Mindset. And yes, I have a keltec 2000 in my truck tucked in the seat back. I have a CZ75 mounted under the Dash. And yes, I own a Piece of sht Taurus GX4 and keep it strapped to my side. I'm on your side here. Want to be a killer? be prepared to Kill. Want to be a warrior. Be prepared to die. Mindset. I will survive.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Talking about shtf of whatever, you’re an hour from the house. If it’s “what everyone expects” you have a day or two before people get violent. Plenty of time to walk home with protection. If it goes from a morning commute to WW3/mad max with dudes chasing you with crew served chainsaws and alcohol fed flame throwers in a matter of minutes, I wouldn’t want to be trying to be some trendy navy delta force black ops operator in the streets. If you have a family or kids, I doubt you’re going to want to go out looking for gunfights on the walk home, if you have to walk. Your sidearm and a few mags should be more than enough. Statistics wise, if you get into a gunfight, your life expectancy drops like a rock; period. Rifle or not. I feel like a rifle in the vehicle isn’t for if SHTF or whatever, it’s because you’re expecting a fight where you’re going or along the way. Stuff falling apart is a whole other scenario, and typically you don’t need one for the first 96 hours at least.

Boaty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm wondering how someone can get in the vehicle and not notice 2 rifles above your head.🙄
Happens all the time. People don’t see because they don’t look. My truck is a dodge dually on 20” wheels. It’s not low to the ground, but not lifted either. I never said what I use would work for everyone in every scenario. Also I don’t travel with the weapons in the pic every day. Rarely actually, but if I do travel and have ANY of my tactical rifles or shotguns, they are in the overhead rack. Hunting rifles or shotguns travel in a Nanuk hardcase. My preference for what I would think obvious reasons. Only shared to answer the original question. If it works for you in your scenario, great, glad I helped you out. If not, roll with your own. I don’t need an explanation as to why it wouldn’t work for you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom