Siamese Mauser 45-70 Super Nitro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finally ran out of excuses and got the chamber cast this weekend. Had so much fun I did it twice; then it became not so much fun lol.

First round I was smart and made a tinfoil funnel into the chamber and meticulously poured it right up to the rim area. The foil messed up the rim measurement but the casting slid right out with a little pull of the tinfoil. Matches SAMMI specs perfectly for 45-70 Gov. So I figure "Super Nitro" stand for Modern Smokless/Ruger #1 loads.

That went so well I decided to pour another casting and hopefully get the rim too. Well I got it AND filled the space between the barrel and receiver; effectively locking the casting in place lol. So now I have one chore done and another to do before I get to this toy to the range. LMAO thank goodness for low melting points

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can load a 45/70 within a hundred or so feet of a 458 win mag in a Siamese mauser or a Ruger No 1 . You probably won’t enjoy it much though unless you just like recoil. As someone who has shot Trapdoor rifles for years I can say factually most people don’t like full power trapdoor loads and those pressures are sedate compared to full power lever gun loads which a milder in comparison to loads which are shot in a bolt gun
You can get/make Garands in .458 Win Mag.

Latest posts

Top Bottom