Side charge AR and gas in the face

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Silencerco just announced their new charging handle with a gasket that's supposed to eliminate gas to the face when shooting suppressed. I was gonna show it to a buddy, then remembered that his is a side charger, so no rearward charging handle.

That got me thinking...does a side charge AR upper eliminate the gas to the face issue? Seems without a big opening on the rear for a charging handle it should...but I've never seen this discussed.

Anybody have first hand experience?

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Silencerco just announced their new charging handle with a gasket that's supposed to eliminate gas to the face when shooting suppressed. I was gonna show it to a buddy, then remembered that his is a side charger, so no rearward charging handle.

That got me thinking...does a side charge AR upper eliminate the gas to the face issue? Seems without a big opening on the rear for a charging handle it should...but I've never seen this discussed.

Anybody have first hand experience?

When I converted one of my ARs to a side charging handle I built an aluminum plug to fill the hole.

Latest posts

Top Bottom