1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Sig 229 in 9mm

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by 1911master, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Engineman1960

Engineman1960 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    In 2014 I won an Enhanced Elite P229 in 9MM on Gunbroker for $606.50 (includes the $15.00 shipping); I was able to use a $200 gift card I got when I bought my USP45 Tactical. -- I knew something wasn't so great when I unboxed it at my FFL -- The Sig box was missing one of the silver slide latches. as I started inspecting the gun, noticed the adjustable rear night sight was a standard dead night sight. -- Noticed the frame and slide had a lot of dings and scratches, if I looked at the ad picture I should have noticed the wear and wrong sight. the barrel had a lot of wear, so did the locking block -- The Sig Branded metal Hogue grips were well worn. -- Surjimmy can attest to how worn they were! all of the defects were noticeable if I would have looked closer at the ad pictures. The one thing that bothered me the most was the stripped grip screw. I kinda figured it was maybe a range gun, from all the use and abuse.

Talk about a tack driver -- of all the bad things, It shot outstanding and the price I got it for was better than the $1100 that it was retailing for.

Fast forward -- I picked up a used Sig .22 conversion kit, and installed an E2 grip. This is one of my favorite and accurate .22's.

I am always toying with the idea to cleaning the P229 up -- I still have a lot of fun, when I take it shooting! I think I will keep it like it is !!!!

2. rockchalk06

rockchalk06 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Natural lighting against a semi dark background. The cloudier the better. That looks sharp!

druryj likes this.
  3. 1911master

1911master Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    D44235DD-6E37-429B-B0C1-63E80E0E3683.jpeg 0872CCD4-FAC7-422D-A1DD-DA3BBF83BDFF.jpeg Ok, a big shout out to Tommy at SSP, druryj, surjimmy and my son. This is my Sig M11-a1.

amcardon, rockchalk06 and druryj like this.
  4. druryj

druryj Super Moderator Staff Member

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I hope you like it as much as I like mine. Great pistols. I dig those grips on yours too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. surjimmy

surjimmy Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Very Nice, you'll love it.

6. rockchalk06

rockchalk06 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Very nice.

7. druryj

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    @rockchalk06; I’m curious about the P224 slide stop lever...why? Is it just because it’s smaller? I don’t use it as a slide release normally anyway, so what’s the advantage to it over the stock slide stop lever?

Additionally, there’s not a whole lot of mods that can be done to this pistol, grips, maybe a GG fat guide rod, different trigger, different sights if you really see the need or just have a preference ... stuff like the SS lever...it’s pretty well set up out of the box.

8. rockchalk06

rockchalk06 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I'm notorious for riding the slide stop on my M11-A1. Unless I focused on it, I would ride it and not let the lock back on an empty mag. P224 slide stop lever is smaller and I don't ride it. I don't use it a slide release either, so I didn't mind going smaller.

I put skinny grips and a Gray guns trigger. Small hands, so I needed to fit it to me better.

9. druryj

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I see. Okay thanks.

10. HMCS(FMF)Ret.

HMCS(FMF)Ret. Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I LOVE Sigs. My brother has a 229 and he loves his. I’ve had many sigs.....currently have a 226 and it is by far my favorite gun of all time.