Sig 320 problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
So a "PSA" with no sources other than hearsay and anecdotes about a department in OK (in Garvin County?) that issues or allows P320s and is big enough to have enough left handed officers, with enough of those carrying P320s, and of those, "several" have had discharges WHILE HOLSTERED IN A VEHICLE, and one of them has had this issue on multiple guns, and it hasn't made news, anywhere at all?

I'm calling fish story.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So a "PSA" with no sources other than hearsay and anecdotes about a department in OK (in Garvin County?) that issues or allows P320s and is big enough to have enough left handed officers, with enough of those carrying P320s, and of those, "several" have had discharges WHILE HOLSTERED IN A VEHICLE, and one of them has had this issue on multiple guns, and it hasn't made news, anywhere at all?

I'm calling fish story.

OHP has issued hundreds of the P320's with nothing like that reported. And, the OP seems to be the only one with 3rd hand knowledge of this? I work alongside 70 plus officers. Some carry the P320. None have said or know anything about this.

Ya. I'm calling BS

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I'm calling fish story.

Not in Garvin Co. I never said one of them had this issue with several guns. I said one officer, actually all in that department, are now on their 3rd P320. Each of the previous 2 recalls were from different problems than this current one. First was failing extractors. Those were sent back and chopped in half. Second issue was the drop safety issue that everyone is aware of. This is now their 3rd issue. And you really think something isnt true because it wasnt on the news?

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look guys. I really dont care if any of you believe me or not. Really, I dont. Im only trying to make people aware of a potential problem that could have devastating effect on peoples lives. If you have one and dont believe me just keep on keeping on. Im not one to spread rumors and hearsay. I wont share what department or who the officer was that told me of these problems just yesterday out of respect for his and the departments privacy. Surely yall can understand that. He gave me specifics and the actual events that took place and also some other instances that happened besides discharges from being in a left hand holster. But I can see sharing those would also be a waste of time as this thread seems to be. Believe me or not, take it or leave it. I simply do not care.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Look guys. I really dont care if any of you believe me or not. Really, I dont. Im only trying to make people aware of a potential problem that could have devastating effect on peoples lives. If you have one and dont believe me just keep on keeping on. Im not one to spread rumors and hearsay. I wont share what department or who the officer was that told me of these problems just yesterday out of respect for his and the departments privacy. Surely yall can understand that. He gave me specifics and the actual events that took place and also some other instances that happened besides discharges from being in a left hand holster. But I can see sharing those would also be a waste of time as this thread seems to be. Believe me or not, take it or leave it. I simply do not care.

I don't expect you to breach anyone's privacy. But individual anecdotes are just that. Especially once or twice removed.

Not national news, but I would expect to hear something more than just internet rumor over such a serious issue.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Here's the deal. Nobody is citing the variables that could account for a warning or dismissal. Therefore you will have some skepticism.

How many times has this happened?
What holster was used?
Why is it only happening to left handed officers?
Has it happened to ALL of the left hand officers?
What were the scenarios surrounding the discharges?

The Army is testing these thoroughly and hasn't had any issues like this so it has me curious.

Latest posts

Top Bottom