Sig 320 with milled slide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last night I picked up my p320 slide from MKP Arms after having it milled for a Vortex Venom red dot. I'm really happy with how it turned out and can't wait to get to the range! I also got to see a bunch of the slides that Steven has customized and was thoroughly impressed - for anybody wanting a custom slide done, or a custom AR upper or lower, this is the only shop I plan on using in the future.

I've never actually shot a red dot on a pistol and I know there's a bit of a learning curve to it. I picked up a set of suppressor sights but am still on the fence about using them to co-witness or just go with the dot... Any suggestions?

i578.photobucket.com_albums_ss223_amcardon_Mobile_20Uploads_20170201_080748_zpszowalxvz.jpg
i578.photobucket.com_albums_ss223_amcardon_Mobile_20Uploads_20170201_080835_zps0zb9sn5x.jpg

i578.photobucket.com_albums_ss223_amcardon_Mobile_20Uploads_20170201_080705_zpshfgbvdbz.jpg
i578.photobucket.com_albums_ss223_amcardon_Mobile_20Uploads_20170201_080718_zps2b5hegxd.jpg

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it's a gun you use for self defense, put the sights on it or face the possibility that you may have to defend yourself with a gun that has no sights.

Please post back how you like the RDS on it. I'm seriously considering a Jpoint on my Shield. And a RMR on my M&P. Old eyes suck.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm really excited to shoot with it. My eyes are getting worse and worse, which is why I wanted to try out a red dot. I also purchased a Trijicon RM02 that I was originally going to mount, but I can't handle the magnification and shift in visual field with it while scanning so I plan on getting rid of it and going with Vortex and Burris red dots.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im glad to hear that. I been thinking about having them do some work for me and they seem reasonable in price.
I have almost no experience with a dot on pistols and if I ever put one on another one Ill have to have suppressor sights just so I can find the damn dot in a hurry until I get used to finding it fast.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it looks fantastic as well! If I could just catch up on paperwork so I could get to the range...

I searched around for a while trying to decide where to send my slide when I was referred to MKP by Go Loud Kustoms. I was surprised to hear there was a local shop doing them, and then when I heard the price I was pretty surprised (you're not going to find a better price anywhere), and then after talking with Steven (owner of MKP) and seeing some slides he had done I was sold. Seeing the custom slides he was doing even made me consider getting a Glock, which would raise an eyebrow by anybody who knows me (I trash talk Glocks quite frequently)... Thinking about having him do some slide work on my P226 and having Go Loud Kustoms do a "patina" cerakote job on it... Now to convince my wife!

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tried their web page and had a problem getting it to open windows so sent them email. Think I will get the Glock 19 milled for it or pick up an M&P or Glock 17 have them milled. Like the work.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I picked up my milled slide they had just dropped off the filler plate for anodizing so I got it today, looks great!

i578.photobucket.com_albums_ss223_amcardon_Mobile_20Uploads_20170202_111348_zpsupc7eiom.jpg
i578.photobucket.com_albums_ss223_amcardon_Mobile_20Uploads_20170202_111343_zpsk2rqvmlc.jpg
i578.photobucket.com_albums_ss223_amcardon_Mobile_20Uploads_20170202_111442_zpsioyjl5uf.jpg
i578.photobucket.com_albums_ss223_amcardon_Mobile_20Uploads_20170202_111454_zpsmalwwhln.jpg

Also, if you were like me and you picked up multiple 80% lowers with grand intentions of finishing them and then came to the realization that I don't have the time, tools, patience, etc... to finish them, they also finish and anodize your 80% lowers. Yes, they'll have to be transferred and you'll have their info and serial number, but you'll have a functional lower rather than the aluminum paperweights that have been sitting on the shelf for the past 3 years (speaking for myself here). I'll post some pictures of the completed lower when I get it back if there's any interest.

Latest posts

Top Bottom