Sig/Canik/Walther/Taurus mag interchangeability

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So on other forums, I read that:

Canik TP9 mags work in a P226
P226 mags work in a Taurus G2 and G2C
Canik TP9 mags work in Walther PPQ

While it wasn't said specifically, I would have to assume that P226 mags would work in the Walther and Canik, and basically every combo above could/should be interchangeable.

Who has some of these who can try?

I can try TP9 mags in a P226 and vice versa next range day.

Who is up for verifying any of the others, or adding to the list?

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
i've got the canik aluminum frame jericho clone (i think it's called the tristar t120?) and the mags for it (and the slide too) fit in my CZ PCR. so i assume the same would work for a P01.

somewhat unrelated, but a 3rd gen smith and wesson 3913 fits perfectly and actuates the restraint properly in the canik holster that all the tp9's come with. so i assume a lot of the other smaller single stack 3rd gen smiths would fit as well.

afaik, the Canik Tp9 is a clone of the Walther P99/PPQ, and the ones imported by tristar as the t120/t100/p120/p100 are direct cz75 clones. sometimes a little cheaper than the tanfoglio clones if you can find them. all the MecGar mags are interchangeable, which can be nice if you want a little extra capacity in one of the smaller framed guns.

or if you just like to frankenczstein.

Last edited:

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On the CZ 75 variants, found this at https://www.cz-parts.com/cz-magazines-compatibility-guide

>>CZ 75 Compact models, including CZ 75 P-01, use the same short 14rnd magazines: 14rnd magazine with metal pad and 14rnd magazine with polymer pad.<<

When SWMBO is up and around and I can get to the D PCR without waking her, I'll see if the mags from the 75 SP-01 Shadow Orange will fit in the D PCR (although they will obviously be longer). If someone has a P01 in the south Tulsa area, I'd be happy to meet up and see if they interchange with the D PCR. Based on descriptions on CZ-USA, the only real differences in the P01 and D PCR are different sights, a .04 inch longer barrel in the D PCR, and a loaded chamber indicator in the D PCR.

Mec-gar lists the same magazine for the P01 and D PCR...

https://mec-gar.com/shop/magazines/cz/cz-75-compact-p-01-pcr-9mm-10-round/
I'd be very surprised if all the compact CZ's don't share a magazine

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
here's a quick pic of a CZ d pcr frame with the t120 slide and magazine. the mag is a MecGar. decocker functions, but i haven't been in a safe situation to test it on a live round. looks kinda cool with the baby deagle style angled cut. action is very smooth.

the slide for the pcr doesn't fit on the frame for the t120, which i *think* is supposedly an aluminum clone of the sp-01 frame. which is odd, because i'm *pretty* sure the PCR slide should fit an an actual sp-01 frame, not sure what the diff is on the canik clone exactly, but it doesn't want to go and i don't want to force it lol. and i don't think they fit on the P-09/P-07 as those frames and slides are wider.
frankencztein.PNG

Attachments

• frankencztein.PNG
    frankencztein.PNG
    544.5 KB · Views: 43

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This reminded me to check... the 18 round mags from the SP-01 Shadow Orange do seem to fit and work in the D PCR. Obviously longer and there's a gap between the bottom of the gun grip and the mag cap, but it goes in and locks, and will feed a round.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well TP9 mags work in a P226, but P226 mags dont work in a TP9.
You could make them work with some modification, the mag catch on the TP9 is bigger so the slot on the mag is bigger. The catch is too big for the slot in the P226 mag.

Latest posts

Top Bottom