Sig M11A1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Considered an M11a1 but today picked up a P225a1 (single stack vs double stack). Can't wait to take it out, looks like it will fit the perfect space between my p239 and my p229. Really like the G10 grips on it, hopefully I'm just as happy after getting it out to the range.

I recently picked up a P225-A1 Classic Carry and love how it feels. My only issue is no matter how I hold the weapon, I seem to ride the slide stop keeping it from locking back on an empty mag. I need to start retraining myself on how to shoot it, because I'd like to carry it.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love mine. Did a few mods to make it more comfortable to shoot. New GG trigger, P224 slide stop and Sig Aluminum grips. I have been carrying my Glock 19 and 43x more and more due to the weight, but I still strap on the M11-A1 once in awhile. Most accurate weapon I own.

Photo%20Jan%2020%2C%2015%2052%2018.jpg

Photo%20Jul%2002%2C%2014%2035%2018.jpg

Man you take some darn fine pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I have an older West German P228. It needs refinishing, but it’s still a very accurate reliable pistol.

I’d like to change the trigger to something a little crisper and shorter reset, and better grips.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Similar. My primary carry for a long time. It's a P229 Legacy model only for sale now to LE or thru the IOP when you can find them. Mine is a little different. I've added the GG P-SAIT trigger, fat guide rod and G-10 grips. And, of course, it's DAK. Smooth as butter. If you prefer DA/SA SRT look no further than the classifieds. Mine is backed up by a DAK P220 Carry SAS .45 View attachment 133028 that fits the same holsters (made for a P228.)

I'm asking this as just a question and not criticism of any sort so keep that in mind if you care to reply.
I'm curious why this firearm and others are to be sold only to LEO?
When I go to H&H they have ammo only sold if a CLEET card is produced.
I can buy the same ammo online without the CLEET card. I can find factory ammo much hotter than LEO only ammo for sale on the internet or even walmart in some cases or just reload my own that is hotter with acknowledged SD bullets.
I bought some .40 LEO only Ranger ammo a few years back that a buddy picked up for me that is LEO, and it barely makes major power factor in USPSA velocity rules.
It's nothing special, and it doesn't have a magic bullet that outperformed everything else on the market.
I just don't get the LEO only for firearms that are not full auto and the ammo is nothing out of the ordinary.
Again, I'm not wanting to start a crap storm, just wondering why.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm asking this as just a question and not criticism of any sort so keep that in mind if you care to reply.
I'm curious why this firearm and others are to be sold only to LEO?
When I go to H&H they have ammo only sold if a CLEET card is produced.
I can buy the same ammo online without the CLEET card. I can find factory ammo much hotter than LEO only ammo for sale on the internet or even walmart in some cases or just reload my own that is hotter with acknowledged SD bullets.
I bought some .40 LEO only Ranger ammo a few years back that a buddy picked up for me that is LEO, and it barely makes major power factor in USPSA velocity rules.
It's nothing special, and it doesn't have a magic bullet that outperformed everything else on the market.
I just don't get the LEO only for firearms that are not full auto and the ammo is nothing out of the ordinary.
Again, I'm not wanting to start a crap storm, just wondering why.

I have been curious about this also.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an older West German P228. It needs refinishing, but it’s still a very accurate reliable pistol.

I’d like to change the trigger to something a little crisper and shorter reset, and better grips.

I sure like the short reset trigger and the Hougue G10 grips on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom