Sig P320 X-Carry review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up my X-Carry last week and got a chance to take it to 2A for a short shooting session. First 17rnd mag thru it all made 1 ragged hole with the exception of 1 flyer @ 20ft. Yes, I was aiming for the mouth. Didn’t have much time or ammo, just under 100rnds, so I was making sure I got all the gunk cleaned out.

It’s very accurate, but is it worth the extra $$$ over the normal P320 Carry/Compact, I guess it depends on what you are going for, there is a break in for the X-Carry as the tolerances are tighter than normal P320 standards. If you want more than combat accuracy out of your plastic carry gun, then this is your go to.

I’m very happy with it and I was already a big fan of the P320 platform.

Attachments

• B1C4F032-4BB0-4274-B0BC-E2AB5B93785D.jpeg
    B1C4F032-4BB0-4274-B0BC-E2AB5B93785D.jpeg
    68.3 KB · Views: 169

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not all Sig P320 - 17 round magazines are compatible with the X-Carry ( without modification).

There are 2 generations of Sig P320 - 17 round magazines, Gen1 and Gen2, easiest way to tell is the magazine base, the Gen2 which work on the X-Carry has a rectangular hole for disassembly, the Gen1 which according to Sig Customer Service is not compatible with the X-Carry has a round hole.

The 21 rounds work great, I haven’t tried it yet, but it appears you can remove some of the material on the ears of the Gen1 base pad to get it to fit in the magwell of the X-Carry.

Tried to get Gen2 base plates, Sig Customer service told me the don’t have them, Top Gun Supply, had the round hole plates, Brownells didn’t have them.

When I took mine to the range, it put the spent brass, right at my feet, I was using Federal 115 Grain, FMJ. Still have to put more rounds down range!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up my X-Carry last week and got a chance to take it to 2A for a short shooting session. First 17rnd mag thru it all made 1 ragged hole with the exception of 1 flyer @ 20ft. Yes, I was aiming for the mouth. Didn’t have much time or ammo, just under 100rnds, so I was making sure I got all the gunk cleaned out.

It’s very accurate, but is it worth the extra $$$ over the normal P320 Carry/Compact, I guess it depends on what you are going for, there is a break in for the X-Carry as the tolerances are tighter than normal P320 standards. If you want more than combat accuracy out of your plastic carry gun, then this is your go to
I’m very happy with it and I was already a big fan of the P320 platform.

I see one of these in my future eventually, especially if they come out with a compact model or a full size made for non-competition shooting.