1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sig P365 has been shipped and on the way to my FFL

Discussion in 'Shooting Chat' started by steelfingers, May 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadowrider

Shadowrider Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    You realize that Brownells doesn't make the guns right? How could they deliver if they don't have anything to deliver? :anyone:
    You should be pissed at Sig not Brownells.

2. JD8

JD8 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I get it. They apparently have done this before from what others have said. There's a LOT of pissed off guys on the forums for sure. Either way, you should like the P365 when it gets here.

3. JD8

JD8 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Why Sig? If anything I give Sig credit for distributing them a bit more evenly instead of to the largest vendors. I got mine before anyone at Cabaelas, Academy, Bass Pro, or Brownells.

Last edited: May 5, 2018
  4. Shadowrider

Shadowrider Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    You do have a valid point and credit goes to Sig from that. They seem to have created a bigger demand issue than the Shield did when it was released, but that's because of the attributes of the gun. I know I had to wait quite awhile to get one with no safety.

5. Shadowrider

Shadowrider Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Well if you were passed over for delivery I can see your point and it would sure be valid. But I seriously doubt that Brownell's accounts receivable is in that kind of dire straights. It's not like they were going to blow you off, they were going to fill the order. It really makes no difference to them, they are going to get the full price sales too. Waiting because they sold to you at a discount sounds pretty far fetched IMO, but who knows?

I found the rear sight screw stripped out on my 1911 today. I'm not going to go demand the dealer that sold it make it right as they had absolutely no responsibility for it. I'm not going to blow up the boards on how much they don't care. Instead I'm going to call the manufacturer on Monday and invoke their lifetime warranty. I'll get it fixed and life will be good. It's a gun, not a vehicle sold by a dealer that has a factory certified service department. Big difference there.

6. tRidiot

tRidiot Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I doubt it cost them very much overall. The demand is still high, they're still going to sell every unit they can churn out for at least the next year.

I understand why they had a limited first release, even knowing it was going to sell hard. They created a significant demand and a LOT of talk about the gun, but in addition - when you're bringing a brand new and highly innovative product to market, you just never know when some little thing will crop up, if something throws a wrench in. And it did. They had some issues, had to address them and re-tool things. So if they'd had 3 million units in stock, the recall and repair would have been INCREDIBLY expensive. This way, they got to beta-test it on people who were dying to get their hands on it, with a limited release and found the issues, fixed them, and now can comfortably spin up production and watch the profits roll in.

It IS frustrating as a consumer when you want something, but, I'm glad the model I just picked up SHOULD be fully vetted and reliable. I'm happy. :D

Oh, and mine was $608.85 tax included (sounds high, right?). But I got the only unit FBT got in, which was a "special" bundle with 2 boxes (50 rds) of their new Sig branded self-defense ammo (meh, who cares) and a total of 4 magazines - 3 flush, 1 with pinky extension. Wish I coulda got my hands on some 12s, but I'll be buying those later when they're spun up off the production line, too. $559 before tax.

7. rockchalk06

rockchalk06 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    That’s not a bad price with everything you got. Brownells had the 12 rounders in stock for 35. I used their coupon last week and got 3 delivered for 97.97. I’m just glad the 12’s are getting easier to find. I’m going to stock up like crazy on these.

8. tRidiot

tRidiot Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Wow, I hadn't looked around yet... Brownell's has the 12-rd in stock for 49.99 (free shipping), and Ammunition Depot has them for $44.99. Gonna keeping looking for the best deal, prolly pick up a couple. Got a lot of research to do on the best holster and mag pouch, too.

9. Gunbuffer

Gunbuffer Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I gotta say, I couldnt care less.

Unless you swirl paint it.. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.