1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sig p365 just arrived back from Sig

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by steelfingers, Jul 12, 2018.

1. steelfingers

steelfingers Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    FedEx just delivered my P365 back from Sig. It was having some extraction issues. Contacted Sig and immediately received label to return to Sig. That was just a couple of weeks ago and it's back.
    Haven't opened as I'm about to go to church (yes church on thursday....Our Catholic church is so small we only have mass once a month) but will open tomorrow and check it out.

2. cktad

cktad Sharpshooter

Many report getting a new or modified slide, new striker/firing pin, new trigger bar spring, new sear spring and some get a new barrel after sending one in.

3. MacFromOK

MacFromOK Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Hope it works great! :drunk2:

4. druryj

druryj Super Moderator Staff Member

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I came real close to getting one of these the other day, but I heard this little voice say: "Stop, you idiot!"

Edited: Then I realized it was just my wife talking to me from the other room...

5. steelfingers

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Thanks. I do too. I'll take it out tomorrow (maybe) or Saturday.

6. druryj

druryj Super Moderator Staff Member

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Seriously, I am interested in hearing what they replaced or did to it. I’m really hopeful this pistol pans out to be everything it’s hyped up to be.

But...my trust factor is not so great right now; what you tell us is going to have a lot of bearing on future purchases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. LBnM

LBnM Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I keep dry firing and shooting mine to see if it will break. It just keeps on ticking. It was difficult to shoot accurately since I shoot large guns mostly but now it's as accurate for me as my full sized SIGs. Sweet trigger and so easy to carry. I do get some primer swipe but I've had that with ever striker fire I've owned. Not bad for a Feb 18 build. If it breaks I'll send it to SIG to get it updated. Recently decided to compare it heads on to a new Kahr P9 and have been shooting each. The Kahr was my favorite striker fire previously. The trigger is light years better than the Kahr but where it really shines is in the breakdown, cleaning and re-assembly. That Kahr is tough on old arthritic hands.

1911master likes this.
  8. steelfingers

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Smart move. They listed replacing the extractor and extractor assembly, but they also replaced the barrel even though they did not list it. Barrel was ok, as far as I could tell, and had no problems feeding, so this is curious.
    I have a feeling the firing pin was replaced as well, but that's just a feeling I have with nothing to go on than it looks different.
    I'll let you know how it goes today and this weekend, when I plan on putting at least a couple of hundred rounds through. Not a torture test, by any means, just a full day of running it. No repeated mag dump after dump, because personally I think that's not accomplishing anything.
    I'll let you know by pm or maybe a short post.

9. bigred1

bigred1 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Post it here please because I would like to know too.

10. 1911master

1911master Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I am feeling the same way about my LCP that is back at Ruger.