Sig Sauer M18 sights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got a Sig Sauer M18 to try out as an EDC, with manual safety. Shoots good, near total reliable function except a couple oddball failure to extract/eject with Tula (Ruskie) steel cased 115 gr. Flawless functions with brass cased ammo, 115, 124, 147 and 150 gr. bullet weights. At distances exceeding 15 yds. It seems to print 6-8” left, from my POA. If I remember to hold right, center-to-high on elevation, it slaps the plate racks down very well. The Sig FAQ says the fixed sight versions are combat/self defense zeroed to impact with 2” groups at 10 yds. Front sight up above center hoLD, obscuring part of the target. I can’t figure out how to maneuver their customer support phone tree. Does anyone know if their is a rugged, adjustable rear sight for the M18? It’s got a fixed rear on top of a red dot plate/base. My sight pusher won’t budge the front or rear. Optics on an EDC are a ridiculous idea to me. No go.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The rear wont remove.

You should be able to drift the front side to side. You either need a stronger tool or take it to a smith with one. It will move.

Have you bagged the pistol and shot it yet?

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The rear wont remove.

You should be able to drift the front side to side. You either need a stronger tool or take it to a smith with one. It will move.

Have you bagged the pistol and shot it yet?
Tried to bag/bench rest shoot a10 round group at 25 yds. Erratic, unhelpful results. Did better offhand at 10 and 25 yds. On 8” paper plates. Decent hits at the 10 yard distance, not surprisingly. Impacts at further than 10 yards are to the left. Don’t know if it’s me or the pistol. Been told it’s the Indian,,, not the arrow.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you bagged it and slow fired and it's still shooting off, that front sight may need moved. It's probably not you then.

Last resort is have someone else try it.

My M17 I used to have was a bear trying to pop the front sight off to replace it. I never fired it with irons so I never had any experience with them.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Plan on having another shooter try it. Going to a pistol practice class, that has multiple steel plate arrays tomorrow morning. Will get some more training/break in, on the M18. It’s not like a smooth operating 1911, but it is useable/doable. Riding that safety, high thumb.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the M17 and it shoots well and accurately and I genuinely like it. I shot an USAF M18 and didn’t do so well, maybe there is something about the shorter upper receiver that hurts accuracy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom