Sig Sauer P238 Range Report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jalapeno

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
great range report, thanks for taking the time to provide some great info. I have been considering a p238 and now you have helped me make up my mind.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the write-up. I've tried a few of the pocket guns and the P238 (for me, at least) is night and day from the others. Put one in a Cross Breed Mini-tuck and you'll have probably the most comfortable carry rig there is.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Put 50 rounds through my P238 today. Such a well made little gun. It had been awhile since I've fired it and though it has fantastic sights (night sights at that), it's such a short sight radius that one very slight move will cause you to shoot low or high. I hit much better with it then some of the other pocket guns I've had or tried. For me, the P238 is hard to beat.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Serious question...is the grip long enough to accommodate your pinky? ...never thought I'd see the day where I typed the word 'pinky'

I had not thought about this until your comment. I think I have medium sized hands for a man. I am used to shooting a Colt 45 with three finger grip and also a Colt .380 full sized auto that the grip is too short for my full "pinky" (unique word isn't it) When my pinky does not have anything to grip, I naturally use it as a bottom perch to sit the grip on for stability. I guess I just automatically did the same with the P238, but it is an immediate indicator if you have not tapped the magazine in. My wife does the same. I leave the magazines out a 1/4 inch for firearms laying around the house. Click the safety off with your right thumb as you are picking it up and tapping the magazine, rack the slide, bang. Pocket carry is different for me in condition 1. Click the stout safety on the P238 off, bang. It should not be too hard to get used to. I think it is a fantastic firearm. I will have to think about a P938 a while with it being .4 inches longer and much more expensive at least for now. I am new to the CC world, so I am just getting used to how to make it work. I also have found that for pocket carry in snug jeans I grab the grip and put my thumb on the hammer area as it slides out of my pocket and then slide my thumb to the safety in one motion without hanging up. Hope some of this helps.

Latest posts

Top Bottom