Sig Sauer P365

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I still have my P365 from when I started this thread. I had one of the early ones that had issues. Sent it to Sig and got it back quickly, never had an issue since. I want to pick up an XL, just need to sell some stuff first.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I still have my P365 from when I started this thread. I had one of the early ones that had issues. Sent it to Sig and got it back quickly, never had an issue since. I want to pick up an XL, just need to sell some stuff first.

I still have mine too. Like it even more than when I bought it. I don't think I've ever been as satisfied with a gun purchase as this.

Also found this gem I posted some time back:

Nope. I have big hands. For a OWB gun, duty gun, or range toy / competition gun, I would prefer the P320. The slim size will appeal to some for range/serious duty (girls, and men with girly hands), but for many the appeal is as a concealable gun, in which case going any further up in size from the 19 really doesn't add much market.

I'll summarize my ramblings. What I want to see is:

P365-3 (current version with 3" barrel)
P365-4 (new: 4" barrel, duh! Same grip length)
10rd flush mag (existing)
10rd pinky ext mag (existing, though I don't know why one wouldn't just use the 12rd)
12rd ext mag (existing)
14-16rd ext mag (new)

I carry IWB if I'm concealing, unless I'm wearing a jacket and can plan on keeping it on. So I would carry the 4" gun, with a 10rd mag inserted. Then say they do a 15rd, I could carry one or two extra. That would be 25-40rds on your person. With my current carry gun
(Kahr CM9) I'd have to carry with a 6rd flush, and even with the 8rd mags, I'd have to carry two of them just to get *close* to the 25rds. I'd have to carry 4 spare 8rd mags to compete with 2-15rd extended mags.

Rambling again... They could potentially just sell an "upper kit" with just the 4" slide/barrel assembly for use on existing frames.

The "P365-4" almost exists now, just with a 3.7" barrel vs 4" - the P365XL
The 15rd mag came out too.

Not quite to the 19 size, but the grip length is there. The X-Macro is just a tad longer in grip than the 19, but shorter barrel. I'd still like to see the P365 - ideally in X-Macro form - with a 4" barrel next. That would give the X-Macro equivalent barrel length, more capacity, but thinner than the G19 while only being 1/8" longer grip.

I have been saying since the beginning that a Glock 19 size profile on this gun would be a hit too. Maybe as much as the existing version.

Incidentally, if the extrapolation holds, a 16rd mag would make the gun almost identical in height to the Glock 17.

This held with the old 15rd mag, but the new 17rd mag is shorter than the glock 17!

Latest posts

Top Bottom