Sig Sauer Romeo 5 red dot...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I just picked up an AR in 300 Blackout from one of the guys I work with. It's a flat top, keymod build, so I gotta put an optic and some MBUS on it.

After watching a ton of video reviews, the Sig Sauer Romeo 5 is looking like a winner.

I'm sure several of you guys own this little red dot. What's the good, bad and ugly about it? Is it worth the scratch? (140 bucks shipped on Amazon) Or is there another out there that's just as good (or better) for less cash?

Remember...I'm a poor ol' broke cop without a lot of moolah, so please don't recommend Aimpoint or EOTech or the like. I just can not afford them.

:thanku:

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A co-worker of mine has a Romeo and for the price, the quality is pretty good. The glass is good, solid and true 1x, dot is precise and not fuzzy (for my eyes at least, you're old AF... :D), and the price is the best part. I also believe the FBI approved Sig for their guys to carry, so that's a plus in itself I assume; I mean, since the feds are the top dawgs, right. :)

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remember...I'm a poor ol' broke cop without a lot of moolah, so please don't recommend Aimpoint or EOTech or the like. I just can not afford them.

Heard good things about em, one of our rifle operators has it on his and was impressed. Don't forget Sig offers an LEO discount, so you may be able to get cheaper than Amazon. Also, don't forget most companies offer you a discount.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom