Sig Sauer Romeo Zero Battery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a Romeo Zero Sight in July to mount on my P365XL; mounted easy -- shoots fairly well -- I need some more time to shoot to feel more comfortable. I brought the P365XL out last night to take shooting today. The Romeo Zero Red Dot would not come on, the trouble shooting guide that came with the instructions reads to change the battery. I called Sig Sauer Customer Service (CS) this morning, just to make sure, I didn’t miss anything -- The owners manual (instruction sheet included with sight) reads the battery last up to 10 Years -- I got 4 months. Sig CS told me over the phone if I have problems after the battery change -- They would send me a shipping label to repair my sight.

Luckily the battery fixed the problem -- The Auto on and Auto off function seems to work -- but all you have to do is move the gun and the red dot energizes.

Seems the Energizer Batteries seem the work the best for me -- The battery that came with the sight was a RENATA (Swiss made); but like the Sig CS representative said -- You don’t really know how long its been on the shelf prior to installing on the sight at the factory.

Thought I would ask the forum, if anyone has any experience with the CR1632 batteries -- I read online some had really good luck with the Sony Batteries --and hit or miss with the Duracells.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know this is an older post, but it got me thinking. I had two Romeo Zero. 6 MOA and 3 MOA. The 6 MOA battery seemed to die very quickly. 3 months tops. I'm wondering now if it never shut off like it was supposed to when idle?

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I just bought a Sig Romeo Zero for my 365xl. Mine won’t adjust or shut off. I just sent an email off to Sig and put the factory sites back on. Hopefully they can get me fixed but really not impressed as of right now.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I just bought a Sig Romeo Zero for my 365xl. Mine won’t adjust or shut off. I just sent an email off to Sig and put the factory sites back on. Hopefully they can get me fixed but really not impressed as of right now.
Adjust as in windage/elevation or dot brightness?

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I put a new battery in, on 19 November, still working today, my Romeo Zero shuts off, but it takes awhile of zero movement, I had to position the pistol on my desk in such a way to see the the red dot, to test it, if you move the firearm slightly the red dot turns on. The sight definitely turns off
Sig CUstomer Service was ready to send my a return shipping label, but it seems to work, for now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom