Sig Saur Lawsuit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember when officers wouldn't admit their NDs in the 90s and Glock Leg became a term. History repeats itself.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
So far all the accounts I've read/seen have been far more easily explained by a gear malfunction than by mechanical failure internally that allowed the gun to literally fire "on it's own". By gear malfunction I mean debris or finger caught in gear/holster that manipulated the trigger. Having watched multiple videos on how the P320 system works internally the gun firing without the trigger being pulled would require failure of multiple systems simultaneously. So far I haven't read of anyone being able to replicate the issue.

Take the example of the youtuber whose gun went off "on its own!!!11!!". It fired during or shortly after holstering. And for a youtuber on the range actively competing, I find the lack of video of that portion suspicious. The picture originally included showed a jacket that could have gotten pulled into the holster.

As JD8 keeps bringing up, this is very like the issues that happened going from DA/SA guns some of which also had safeties to the Glock that had no manual safety and shorter trigger pull.

Count me as interested if there is a real problem, but highly suspicious if there actually even is smoke or just an attention grab by "gun reviewers/ content generators" and/or unwillingness to admit user error.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So far all the accounts I've read/seen have been far more easily explained by a gear malfunction than by mechanical failure internally that allowed the gun to literally fire "on it's own". By gear malfunction I mean debris or finger caught in gear/holster that manipulated the trigger. Having watched multiple videos on how the P320 system works internally the gun firing without the trigger being pulled would require failure of multiple systems simultaneously. So far I haven't read of anyone being able to replicate the issue.

Take the example of the youtuber whose gun went off "on its own!!!11!!". It fired during or shortly after holstering. And for a youtuber on the range actively competing, I find the lack of video of that portion suspicious. The picture originally included showed a jacket that could have gotten pulled into the holster.

As JD8 keeps bringing up, this is very like the issues that happened going from DA/SA guns some of which also had safeties to the Glock that had no manual safety and shorter trigger pull.

Count me as interested if there is a real problem, but highly suspicious if there actually even is smoke or just an attention grab by "gun reviewers/ content generators" and/or unwillingness to admit user error.
I bet your right!!!!!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

IF these will squeeze a round off "all by themselves" why are there always humans present. Otherwise, I should have some marks inside my safe.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know if it's the gun or the users but there's been enough smoke from this I'm expecting there's some fire behind it.

I carried a sig 226 40cal for years when I worked in law enforcement it was a fine weapon

The 226 isn't the issue, I have owned one and used it for many years . None of the old generation pistols which spawned from the P220 are problematic . It's their striker fired guns which seem to be at fault. Honestly I doubt the will make something which works better for me than the P226 in a DA/SA 9mm

Osage1978

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 226 isn't the issue, I have owned one and used it for many years . None of the old generation pistols which spawned from the P220 are problematic . It's their striker fired guns which seem to be at fault. Honestly I doubt the will make something which works better for me than the P226 in a DA/SA 9mm
I'm aware the 226 isn't in question I only mentioned it to clarify I like sig products and have had good experiences with them. Didn't want to come across like I'm anti sig

Rugerscout80

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I worked on a 320 last year that had issues. They would fire it and it would react like it was double tapped. I went in and cleaned the firing pin and assembly and it never happened again to my knowledge.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The manual recommends, no lube should be in the striker channel, on the underside of the P320s’ slide. I suspect some owners are cleaning their pistol in too much of a hurry, shooting/applying/spraying solvent/lubricants too liberally. I use rags, Q-tips, pipe cleaners to dry wipe first, then M-16 tooth brush those corners/milled out areas. Then use just enough solvent/CLP/lube per Sig Sauer manual. Caleb Savant on Youtubes’,Brownells channel has a recent video on correct lube procedure on striker fired pistols.

Latest posts

Top Bottom