Sig wins Next Gen Squad Weapon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rickt300

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
🤣🤣 Just quit bro. You don't know what you are talking about and you know jack about MGs and less about Army Acquisition. Even Wikipedia has a pretty good few pages you could go to and read on both subjects so it sounds kinda like you know. It's XM250...X=Experimental...designation for a development project. Now that it's adopted, it will become the M250 by dropping the X, the rifle will be the M5.

I thought maybe you knew what you were talking about but it's obvious you just copied and pasted words to sound like you do. You're spewing word salad and now trying to justify yourself with "more 5.56" rounds in my lifetime and whatever else. It's laughable. I would still like to know when the last time you carried a machinegun into anywhere and placed it into operation since you're a walking FM 23-67.
What I said is true and I burned more ammo this week than you have this year. Today even. If you are sooo intelligent why not explain how 50 rounds is better than 200? The X will disappear as soon as the weapons are issued. We spent 4.7 billion on this project and you can bet they will be issued. By the way if you cannot actually be part of a discussion, make any points or support your position you can decide not to participate.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
🤣🤣 Just quit bro. You don't know what you are talking about and you know jack about MGs and less about Army Acquisition. Even Wikipedia has a pretty good few pages you could go to and read on both subjects so it sounds kinda like you know. It's XM250...X=Experimental...designation for a development project. Now that it's adopted, it will become the M250 by dropping the X, the rifle will be the M5.

I thought maybe you knew what you were talking about but it's obvious you just copied and pasted words to sound like you do. You're spewing word salad and now trying to justify yourself with "more 5.56" rounds in my lifetime and whatever else. It's laughable. I would still like to know when the last time you carried a machinegun into anywhere and placed it into operation since you're a walking FM 23-67.

You DO know you’re playing chess with a pigeon? Granted a million rounds a year pigeon, but a pigeon nonetheless.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ha, nah. reminds me of Joe, without the caps

(sigh) I miss Ol Joey's rants....... Jerry Fletcher got nothing on him.

Back to the subject. Speaking out of ignorance.... The new platform will use polymer cased rounds yes? and they are in production?

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
(sigh) I miss Ol Joey's rants....... Jerry Fletcher got nothing on him.

Back to the subject. Speaking out of ignorance.... The new platform will use polymer cased rounds yes? and they are in production?
No, mostly brass with a steel base. The other candidates all used some form of polymer.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Speaking out of ignorance.... The new platform will use polymer cased rounds yes? and they are in production?
To echo what @Jason Freeland said, the Sig cartridge is Bimetal...steel casehead and lower body, and brass on up. The poly cartridges were the GD candidate that was made by True Velocity if I remember right, and the Case Telescoped cartridge by Textron. I'm going to assume that they are in full rate production as we speak since the announcement.

Rickt300

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep they spent the bucks , cool. Still the system is flawed, The light machine gun will not replace the M240. It will remain 7.62x51 meaning we are adding a new cartridge into the supply chain. The XM250 is going to standardize with a 50 round soft magazine. Surely there will be 100 round bags. The M249 stand bag load is 200 rounds. At any rate read it and consider. I notice they will start issuing this fall. That will tell the tale.

https://www.guns.com/news/2022/05/17/more-on-the-armys-new-xm5-xm250-next-gen-weapons
https://www.military.com/equipment/m240b-machine-gun
https://www.defense.gov/News/News-S...unces-2-new-rifles-for-close-combat-soldiers/

Latest posts

Top Bottom