Sighting in a muzzle loader

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
back when I used to shoot archery competitions, guys would drop the bow before the arrow could get off the rest. they would move at the same time type would punch the release, causing a bad shot. the reason was not practice, it was the excitement of seeing where they hit.
I watch guys shot muzzle loaders, and they do the same thing. it is not an issue of a misfire or pop boom. they just move in the split second it takes for the primer to light the powder.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just sighted my CVA Wolf in at 150 yards and was surprised how accurate it now is with the Thompson/Center 200 Grain Shockwave Spire Point Polymer Tip Sabots and 100 grains (2 pellets) of white hot pellets. It was crazy accurate and has me pumped for tomorrow morning.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just sighted my CVA Wolf in at 150 yards and was surprised how accurate it now is with the Thompson/Center 200 Grain Shockwave Spire Point Polymer Tip Sabots and 100 grains (2 pellets) of white hot pellets. It was crazy accurate and has me pumped for tomorrow morning.

Excellent! Good luck tomorrow! (I'm still trying to get myself psyched up for sitting on a ladder stand in 26 degree weather. At least there's not supposed to be much wind!)

Latest posts

Top Bottom