Sighting in the 10 22 ruger tomorrow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Put the rail on the ruger 10 22 takedown and attached the trs bushnell trophy red dot at the rear of the rail. Played around with it fore and aft and as far back seemed the easiest for target acquisition. Plan on zero at 17 yds for steel challenge. Will check it out at 50 and 100.
Still kicking around the idea of adding the overmolded thumbhole stock addition. Since this is the takedown model (hogue makes one for it) curious about the advantage. Would be a slam dunk if I could hold one and get the feel...etc.
Anyone have one of these on a 10 22? Give me some feedback if you have insight.
Going to sight in with the Fed 32 grain (I've got a ton of it) but have ran a lot of mixed ammo with good results. It will run with just about anything except the stingers.
Going to zero off a sled then try it on 5 targets set up as a stage. Farthest will be about 16 yds. When I get the mechanics down, will use my shot timer.
Should be fun and looking forward to the process and see how it does with accuracy (fixed position) and against time/multiple targets.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was planning to get the ruger zeroed with the bushnell trs 25 but only had time to get it close. Last night, in the garage tinkering with attaching red dot to rail, I dropped the darn thing. Red dot hit perfectly on the cement floor on the corner of the front of the red dot. This is not the first time I've dropped it but this was the hardest direct hit. If it was going to break, this would be the time. Looked at it and checked to see if it was on tight. Then just put it in the bag and went to bed. Figured I just find out the next day. That was today.
Set up a target at 17 yards and just used the BX 25 round mag as a rest. Turned it on and red dot was good through all settings. First shots were high and left so made an adjustment. Now I was low so re-adjusted and got about an inch or two low and a bit right. Ran a few rounds and zero stayed solid. Good enough to tune it in good tomorrow.
Made a vid of my target and optic. If you want a link, pm me.

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Go to hear that the Bushnell can take liking and keep on tiking. I just bought the same exact red dot.
Best of luck.

Lou

Latest posts

Top Bottom