Signing Up For Social Security

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm going to try and retire early at 62 in a few months.

I had planned on starting the process this morning but unfortunately I'm having to deal with my new health insurance that our HR department chose for us to get prescriptions approved. Maybe this afternoon I will be able to get back to signing up.

Any tips in getting the process started? Thanks.

Kev1Doggy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did mine all online, its pretty painless. Than you will get a call from SS and they will set you up on your first check. My birthday was on the 4th wednesday of August , so that is my payday now, every 4th Wednesday of each month.....................

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
What do you need to know?
Just wondering which approach to take. Online, call, or in person.

Also wondering if I'll need to have my 2022 taxes done before they get an accurate number for my amount. I'm sure that is a question for the SSA though.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did mine all online, its pretty painless. Than you will get a call from SS and they will set you up on your first check. My birthday was on the 4th wednesday of August , so that is my payday now, every 4th Wednesday of each month.....................
#METOO. Simple process

GIJROB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just wondering which approach to take. Online, call, or in person.

Also wondering if I'll need to have my 2022 taxes done before they get an accurate number for my amount. I'm sure that is a question for the SSA though.
Give me a little bit. I'll get a hold of my expert ( works for SSA).

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep...online is the way to go. It's really simple. I did mine a few months ago and it took all of maybe 10 mins. Go to the SS website, create an account and have at it.

The countdown to my first "gimme my damn money back" check is exactly 2 weeks from tomorrow.

💲 💲 💲

I hope I can avoid spending ALL that money in one place...

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did it online. Very easy process. How the idiots at the okc SS office handle the application is another story. You can follow the process online to ensure they don’t fck things up. Any issues, I would go there for a meeting instead of trying to fix things by phone

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone.

The last time I tried creating an account it booted me off because it couldn't verify my address. Maybe I'll have better luck this time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom