Silencer owner needs info

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What if you want to take a suppressor across state lines to shoot it? Specifically OK to MO, because if I ever get one I'd like to show my Dad & let him shoot it.

smallscalepilot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since Missouri changed its laws to allow suppressors in 2008, you can now take one there. Now, the funky part is that Missouri requires one to hold an FFL of some sort. The 03 C&R fulfills this requirement. The bad part is, a trust cannot hold a FFL. To get really weird, a trust can be a member of a LLC that holds a FFL, and that will work too (but a lot of hassle)

So, bottom line for Missouri, your can needs to be owned by a LLC, corp, or individual, and have a current 03 C&R.

BTW-The 03 is really easy to get. Just fill out the application and send it in with $35. No fingerprints, photos, ect. Comes back in about 3-5 weeks. Then you can buy all the Mosin's and Nagant pistols you want :)

smallscalepilot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They just removed that restriction for FFL in MO if I recall correctly.

They did in 2008 for private citizens that own them as "curios or keepsakes" hence the 03 C&R, even though it's not a relic or 50+ years old.

This information comes from a FFL/SOT in Kansas City that I do a lot of business with. I asked him the same question.

Latest posts

Top Bottom