Silencer Shop and Form 1 Fingerprints PSA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It would be simple to streamline what they're doing...but to be honest they probably dont want that as the hassle is what keeps many people away.

Explain to me how I have 3 cans I ordered, and #2 and #3 got approved months before #1? Ridiculous.
Well, obviously, younger you was a troublemaker.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To clarify, all were ordered within a few months of eachother...not like one was a few years ago and 2/3 were last week.
Any who...the whole system is jacked and they'd basically have a license to print money if they basically used something like the Silencerco Kiosk and a 4473 for the background check and people could walk out of the store with their product.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The ATF and the FBI could save a LOT of time, money and paperwork if they put a box on their forms that said something to the effect of,

”Have you ever been fingerprinted for NFA purposes?” Yes No

All it would take from there is a simple computer inquiry to verify.
Duh, since when has the government made anything simple or easy?

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If they streamlined everything they would have to fire a lot of people.
The object of all the rules is not to fight crime, but to grow government.

It's just like Tulsa public schools June 8th bond election.
They project losing 25% of students next year to Home schooling, Charter schools, Private schools, People moving to another district to get away from TPS.
25% fewer students means they should need 25% less money to operate. Right?
But NO, they claim needing a bigger budget.
They need to grow the government. It's all about power.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it was to simply grow government, they'd hire more "investigators" to go through the process so it doesnt take 6-12 months for an approval. I really think its to suppress peoples rights while pretending they're allowing us to have some rights (even though you're having to pay for said rights).

I really think, even with a $200 tax, more people would get into NFA items if they could walk out of the store with their product instead of waiting almost a year to get their stuff.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last night I learned that if you're in their system for a suppressor...you can call and for $15 they'll send you a copy of your fingerprints on the correct card to be used for a submittal, such as a Form 1.
I just called, and they took/verified my info and they're on the way.

I know you can also do your own...but hey this is pretty easy and guaranteed to match and be correct if you've already got stamps that have been approved.

Silencer Shop:
512-931-4556

P.S. They're pretty dang good about doing the call back thing. I was skeptical based off of other customer service experiences but I've used it twice with them and had a callback in minutes. Beats listening to elevator music!

Nice. It would also be cool if we've already bought several suppressors that the Feds would just use the info we've already submitted to process things faster.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It would be simple to streamline what they're doing...but to be honest they probably dont want that as the hassle is what keeps many people away.

Explain to me how I have 3 cans I ordered, and #2 and #3 got approved months before #1? Ridiculous.

I just ordered my 3rd this week . . .

Latest posts

Top Bottom