"Silencers for Hunting" legislation in Oklahoma!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAJ MALFUNCTION

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Always nice to see pro-can legislation. I cut this article out of today's (Sunday) paper - hopefully hunters will be able to use cans whilest hunting in Oklahoma soon! :P

ai93.photobucket.com_albums_l69_armorgod_HuntingWsilencer.jpg

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it is a great idea. I am sure that some fudds will oppose it, but I can see no legit reason to not allow the use of suppressors. The folks that own NFA are not the kind that poach.

Big-Tex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it is a great idea. I am sure that some fudds will oppose it, but I can see no legit reason to not allow the use of suppressors. The folks that own NFA are not the kind that poach.

Exactly, and for poaching purposes a coke bottle silencer is disposable... so why waste $200 + cost of silencer and risk getting if all taken away.

Bullbuster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember reading that artical in the paper. I have never seen such a thing in all my life or any state I have lived and hunted. I think its a great idea and from the artical it seemed the biggest fear would be that of poachers. Would be nice to see it pass and more power to those that want to get a silencer put on. Too rich for my blood to do something like that.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I just talked to Game Warden Tom Cartwright of Hughes county. He says they do NOT consider hogs a game animal so that would be ok. Just do NOT attempt to hunt anything else with it, including coyote.

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thanx for the update on Pigs .......... I thought 'Yotes were considered a pest too ....... guess I was wrong .....

I do wonder about Prarie Dogs ......... I shoot a 'Spectre' on my .17HMR and .22

Latest posts

Top Bottom