"Silencers for Hunting" legislation in Oklahoma!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i just wish they would allow cans on varmints (coyotes, hogs, prarie dogs etc...), that would be great.

I think they should be allowed for any and all types of game. I also think you should be able to buy one off the shelf at any sporting goods store with out a back ground check or transfer fee.

rifleman 1981

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our local warden has given us free reign on the hogs in my part of the country as long as deer season is not open, but has strongly stated that it will not be pleasant if we are caught doing anything other than hog hunting with a can. according to him hogs are not regulated animals by the department of wildlife and a hunting license is not required in the off season to hunt them therefore they are not considered by the department of wildlife to be a game animal.

Russianred

New to the site!
Reaction score
There are definitely valid points on both sides of this argument.. I wouldn't mind using a silencer to prevent freaking out surrounding game, but then again I wouldn't hunt illegally either so I would have nothing to worry about in that aspect.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the ODWC is serious about controlling feral hog populations, they need to remove ALL restrictions on legal means of taking them. No regulation is EVER going to deter those who would take game animals illegally. :(

rifleman 1981

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is my argument for being able to hunt with a can, it significantly reduces recoil and muzzle report, two things that when eliminated can definitely make an individual such as a younger kid or a woman a better shot. I also believe that there has never been a crime prosecuted with a class 3 item but I'm not 100% sure about that, but I know that most people who register a silencer damn sure don't want to loose it after paying a $200 tax stamp, waiting three months and being on the list the atf has for suppressor owners.

Latest posts

Top Bottom