1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

"Silencers for Hunting" legislation in Oklahoma!

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by MAJ MALFUNCTION, Jan 10, 2010.

1. dieseltech09

dieseltech09 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I think they should be allowed for any and all types of game. I also think you should be able to buy one off the shelf at any sporting goods store with out a back ground check or transfer fee.

2. shootinpreacher48

shootinpreacher48 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    i totally agree, and i also believe that should be the way it is with firearms as well.

3. rifleman 1981

rifleman 1981 Sharpshooter

Rating
    71.4%
    Our local warden has given us free reign on the hogs in my part of the country as long as deer season is not open, but has strongly stated that it will not be pleasant if we are caught doing anything other than hog hunting with a can. according to him hogs are not regulated animals by the department of wildlife and a hunting license is not required in the off season to hunt them therefore they are not considered by the department of wildlife to be a game animal.

4. Russianred

Russianred New to the site!

There are definitely valid points on both sides of this argument.. I wouldn't mind using a silencer to prevent freaking out surrounding game, but then again I wouldn't hunt illegally either so I would have nothing to worry about in that aspect.

5. Glocktogo

Glocktogo Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    If the ODWC is serious about controlling feral hog populations, they need to remove ALL restrictions on legal means of taking them. No regulation is EVER going to deter those who would take game animals illegally. :(

6. rifleman 1981

rifleman 1981 Sharpshooter

Rating
    71.4%
    Here is my argument for being able to hunt with a can, it significantly reduces recoil and muzzle report, two things that when eliminated can definitely make an individual such as a younger kid or a woman a better shot. I also believe that there has never been a crime prosecuted with a class 3 item but I'm not 100% sure about that, but I know that most people who register a silencer damn sure don't want to loose it after paying a $200 tax stamp, waiting three months and being on the list the atf has for suppressor owners.

7. patrickcudd

patrickcudd Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    My wife is a Doctor of Audiology. She has many reasons for supressor use. There are no valid arguements against allowing them.