Silly ATF Pistol Scorecard Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
The issue, the definition of grip is not clear, but what is clear is that it "indicates two handed fire". So can a handguard be a grip if it indicates two handed fire? I think a jury of randomly selected peers would be out on that one
Almost every pistol is used with two hands which results in "two-handed fire"...pretty much since forever.
AR and AK pistols have been around for a long long time and have never been an issue and probably never will be. But a secondary grip on a pistol has been pretty well defined by the aft and a handguard isn't it.
Like I said, go look it up on their site on the pistol rules...not on that SBR vs Pistol worksheet. Call them. They'll tell you over the phone nine times out of ten.

Finnished

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They pretty much cover all your questions posed here. There's even a letter.

https://search.atf.gov/search?affiliate=atf&query=secondary+grip+on+a+pistol
Thank you for the link.

I again follow every word you're saying, but I'm not sure historical precedent can be trusted. Braces were historically accepted and authorized by the AFT

My line of work involves contacting the government frequently on issues, state and federal. Something I have learned thoroughly and that any tax person will tell you is what a state or federal employee tells you on the phone won't hold up in court, and a PLR (private letter ruling) is only valid for the recipient.

With that said, I will seek a specific answer on specifically Dracos this evening

Ians 17/22

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Attachments

• cat  gun.jpg
    cat gun.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom