Silly guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rj ︈

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This video reminded me of the classifieds section here...

Fun fact: There are currently at least 2 rifles on the first page of the classifieds with backwards scope mounts. 🤐

1670291706103.png

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I do the rear sling mount thing about half the time... I think they were reaching on that one a little and it doesn't matter much. I've never had hot muzzle encounters because my gun over-rotated and a suppressor burned my legs or junk or something.

The tac latch thing was a reach too; I have them on about half my guns...never had an issue with one snagging on my kit and pulling my gun out of battery either in theater or on the range, ever. Sounds a little superstitious.

Last edited:

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have watched alot of different youtube videos over the years and have learned they all have 1 thing in common the one making them think they are the expert and the only way to do something is their way. There is always more than one way to skin a cat and you have to find what works best for you and your application.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't bother to watch it, but I do detest "tac latches"! Not for any of the "there I was" crowds trying to sound all ATAS, or any "gunfighters" tips or tricks..... They simply get all pokey and jabby the way I sling my rifle. Probably wouldn't be a bother with a carrier and mags a stuff, but I've never needed any of that hunting pigs. Damn little things poke me right below the sternum. 😊

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have watched alot of different youtube videos over the years and have learned they all have 1 thing in common the one making them think they are the expert and the only way to do something is their way. There is always more than one way to skin a cat and you have to find what works best for you and your application.
They all want views.

rj ︈

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You should see the train wrecks in the AR threads on Reddit. LOL

I was kinda hoping this would be a thread where we post the silliest, just for shits-n-giggles oddities we've owned or seen. Be more entertaining that way! :)
That is probably a better use of the thread.

Here's one from a PSA review... Of course, it's from California.

1670342001145.png

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
One of our CSMs announced that we would have all our optics on our guns ready to go. So, of course, we all accommodated him although we knew what he meant.

This pic was posted on every arms room and team room until he left. Lol Took awhile to find it.
Tactitoomuch.jpeg