Simone Biles fans cheer on gymnast as she wins bronze medal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Just wondering, was her alternate sitting on the edge of her seat all week waiting for Simone to decide on whether she was going to compete on the beam? How does that process work?

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I still do not think that she is better than Shannon Miller!

But she is pretty great...no doubt about it. I just don't think she is the GOAT.

Actually, she is tied for olympic medals with Miller but has way more world championship and pan-am medals. And Miller would have less if she didn't get the nod over Kim Zmeskal for the 92 games (honestly, Zmeskal should have gone, at that time she was the better gymnast, but the Olympic committee went with Miller as she was more well known) *edit* not sure why I was thinking Zmeskal didn't go, she did. I just remember that Miller getting to go was a decision made by the olympic committee and was pretty controversial. Not only that, but Biles has more gold medals in the Olympics than Miller. Right now, regardless of what anyone thinks about her character, she is the GOAT of women's gymnastics.
^^^^or even Nastia Luikin or Shawn Johnson.

You have a slight argument with Luikin, but not Johnson. Don't get me wrong, both were great gymnasts, but they don't hold a candle to Miller or Miles.

Last edited:

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, she is tied for olympic medals with Miller but has way more world championship and pan-am medals. And Miller would have less if she didn't get the nod over Kim Zmeskal for the 92 games (honestly, Zmeskal should have gone, at that time she was the better gymnast, but the Olympic committee went with Miller as she was more well known). Not only that, but Biles has more gold medals in the Olympics than Miller. Right now, regardless of what anyone thinks about her character, she is the GOAT of women's gymnastics.

You have a slight argument with Luikin, but not Johnson. Don't get me wrong, both were great gymnasts, but they don't hold a candle to Miller or Miles.

You seem to know what you are talking about so I'll defer to you and delete my post.

Latest posts

Top Bottom