Simone Biles withdrawals from more events

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let's face it, she couldn't have screwed this whole thing up worse with a script from Stephen King.
Well I'll say that she's had plenty of help screwing it all up. 30 years ago it wouldn't have been as bad simply because we didn't have an instant 24/7 news cycle. She's got 20 microphones and 60 cameras shoved into her face every time she sticks her head outside. She's 20 something years old and doesn't have a background in public relations. Her handlers don't either as they are there to help her win gold. It just stands to reason every little "trip up" is going to be a bigger deal now than in times past. I tend to allow her "a bit of room" on her statements.

billt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Well I'll say that she's had plenty of help screwing it all up. 30 years ago it wouldn't have been as bad simply because we didn't have an instant 24/7 news cycle. She's got 20 microphones and 60 cameras shoved into her face every time she sticks her head outside. She's 20 something years old and doesn't have a background in public relations. Her handlers don't either as they are there to help her win gold. It just stands to reason every little "trip up" is going to be a bigger deal now than in times past. I tend to allow her "a bit of room" on her statements.

Come on. We've been in a 24 hour news cycle since CNN debuted in June of 1980. Now we're making excuses for all of her excuses? "She doesn't have a background in public relations"? Seriously? That's the story you want to run with? Give me a break! She's been competing for over a decade, and she has been on the National Team since 2012. She is one of the most experienced Olympic competitors out there. And she has dealt with the press more than 90% of the other competitors. The others were simply smart enough to perform, and keep their mouths shut.

Her mouth, coupled with all of her B.S. sunk her, pure and simple. The only other circus act this entire past week that compares to her train wreck was Cuomo..... And at least thus far he's been smart enough to keep his mouth shut.

Last edited:

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It would be impossible for me to care less about what any of the athletes do.

Certainly not every one of them,,,
But as a class of people,,,
They disappoint me.

Aarond

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Come on. We've been in a 24 hour news cycle since CNN debuted in June of 1980. Now we're making excuses for all of her excuses? "She doesn't have a background in public relations"? Seriously? That's the story you want to run with? Give me a break! She's been competing for over a decade, and she has been on the National Team since 2012. She is one of the most experienced Olympic competitors out there. And she has dealt with the press more than 90% of the other competitors. The others were simply smart enough to perform, and keep their mouths shut.

Her mouth, coupled with all of her B.S. sunk her, pure and simple. The only other circus act this entire past week that compares to her train wreck was Cuomo..... And at least thus far he's been smart enough to keep his mouth shut.

Not very self aware? No, the drive by media, as Rush used to call it, has only been a phenomenon within the last 10-15 years and was exaggerated with the invention of social media. You then had true instant, 24/7 coverage. You know..... people who foam at the mouth to relay their opinions on her every move.

billt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
the drive by media, as Rush used to call it, has only been a phenomenon within the last 10-15 years and was exaggerated with the invention of social media. You then had true instant, 24/7 coverage.
And NONE of it has anything to do with Biles shoving her foot into her mouth at every opportune moment.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not very self aware? No, the drive by media, as Rush used to call it, has only been a phenomenon within the last 10-15 years and was exaggerated with the invention of social media. You then had true instant, 24/7 coverage. You know..... people who foam at the mouth to relay their opinions on her every move.
The drive by media has been around for decades, albeit not in the 24 hour variety.

I remember my Dad telling me about an event in New Orleans he witnessed in the early 60s.

He saw a riot where the rioters threw a park bench at police. That night on the news he saw a video of it during the story. But the media reversed the tape to make it look as if the police threw the bench at the rioters.

I personally remember the ****** reporting about President Reagan in the early 80s as a 11-13 year old and thinking about how crappy and biased they were.

It isnt new. They have been the enemy of freedom for way longer than 10-15 years.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The drive by media has been around for decades, albeit not in the 24 hour variety.

I remember my Dad telling me about an event in New Orleans he witnessed in the early 60s.

He saw a riot where the rioters threw a park bench at police. That night on the news he saw a video of it during the story. But the media reversed the tape to make it look as if the police threw the bench at the rioters.

I personally remember the ****** reporting about President Reagan in the early 80s as a 11-13 year old and thinking about how crappy and biased they were.

It isnt new. They have been the enemy of freedom for way longer than 10-15 years.

I think this concludes my point. The intensity is quite a bit different than the 80s..... or even what your dad told you about the 60s.

billt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Oh I don't know about that.....they exaggerated the situation....
What did they "exaggerate"? Her quitting? Or was it her getting the, "Twisties"? Or was it the part about her, "mental conditioning" not being right?.... Or perhaps her aunt didn't die after all? Who knows, she could still be alive watching NBC, and there was nothing in the casket. I'll bet that's it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom